Bedtime for the beardies

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hi, new owner here. I was looking around on Amazon for some accessories for my baby beardie and it got me thinking, do they need a specific bedding to sleep in.? I.e., little pet bed, a blanket, etc.

I have a decent sized piece of driftwood, a climbing basking rock thing and in the cool zone, I've got a (ceramic? Not sure of the material) log that's big enough for him to get in. Will he just sleep wherever or is there something specific I need.?

Asper

Beardie name(s)
Harry
Hi, new owner here. I was looking around on Amazon for some accessories for my baby beardie and it got me thinking, do they need a specific bedding to sleep in.? I.e., little pet bed, a blanket, etc.

I have a decent sized piece of driftwood, a climbing basking rock thing and in the cool zone, I've got a (ceramic? Not sure of the material) log that's big enough for him to get in. Will he just sleep wherever or is there something specific I need.?
Any type of loose bedding is bad for beardies cuz they try and eat it 😅. And blankets are easy for them to catch their little nails on.

My baby loves to sleep on or under her little log hide.

Here’s a link to the one she uses !

Good luck !!

And p.s. make sure you get a good nighttime bulb for your beardie (one with light they can’t see) that will keep them warm if you live somewhere cold or with unstable temperatures 😊🤗

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Any type of loose bedding is bad for beardies cuz they try and eat it 😅. And blankets are easy for them to catch their little nails on.

My baby loves to sleep on or under her little log hide.

Here’s a link to the one she uses !

Good luck !!

And p.s. make sure you get a good nighttime bulb for your beardie (one with light they can’t see) that will keep them warm if you live somewhere cold or with unstable temperatures 😊🤗
Thanks a lot.! We have a CHE but we live in georiga so the winter is the only time it gets pretty cold.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
yeah, they'll sleep pretty much anywhere. no special decor needed.

beardies need cool and completely dark for sleep. no red bulbs or black lights, anything like that. a che or dhp should be the only thing you have on at night, and that is only if temps get down around 65°

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
yeah, they'll sleep pretty much anywhere. no special decor needed.

beardies need cool and completely dark for sleep. no red bulbs or black lights, anything like that. a che or dhp should be the only thing you have on at night, and that is only if temps get down around 65°
We turned off his lights and put in the CHE, our house typically reads at about 75 but it feels way cooler than that. Once I turned his light off and put on the CHE, he started running around a bit and would stand up and almost like, dig at the glass, paw at it or like he was going to climb up it.? But only on one section which is the cool side, away from the CHE. The humidity is reading at about 47% or so and I don't know how to make it go down. Any suggestions on calming him down.?

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
it's possible it could be too hot. try turning the che off and see what happens. (do not use the red bulb i saw you mention in your other post.) that humidity shouldn't be a problem. but you're going to want to get some probe thermometers. the stick-ons are very inaccurate. something like this... Zoo Med Reptile Terrarium Digital Thermometer | reptile Bearded Dragon | PetSmart ideally you want two of them, one for hot side and one for cool side. mine have hygrometers built in, too, but they are a little more expensive. here's a link to those. V.E. TH-100 thermometer/Hygrometer Cold Blood Creations bearded dragon reptiles | eBay

since you just got him, it could be relocation stress too. shedding will also affect their behavior.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom