Beardy might be getting MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjacksy

Original Poster
Drache613":1kidon39 said:
Hello,

Sure, I can merge your topics, since they are related. That way, everyone can keep track of all
of the issues of your dragon who are following your thread, a little better.
Yes, you can use prune puree baby food, that is fine. The Pedialyte can be diluted to a one part
Pedialyte to three parts water.
How is your dragon today?

Tracie

I think that she is still iffy, but she still has been getting some strength back I think. This morning, I turned her lights on, and then I came back later to check on her and she moved to a different spot. I am really hoping that that medicine for people will work on her. She will be seeing a vet this week. I have been keeping her in a spot to where she can sit under the UVB bulb. I am just hoping that the vet says that we can give her medicine and hope that she can recover from her current health. But I do know for sure that she has MBD, and my dragons in the past had some of the same symptoms. Thank you for all of your help! I will keep you updated on her :D

bjacksy

Original Poster
hey, if I were to get liquid calcium, can we just take a syringe and put some in her mouth, so it can help her with bone support?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you referring to the baby food you are giving her, or some other medication?
If you did give her liquid calcium, it would be best to dose it for her weight & then you can
give it via syringe to her.
How is she doing today? Are you still planning on taking her to the vet on Thursday?
Keep us posted on her. I hope she starts feeling better. Just be sure she is getting enough
UVB exposure.

Tracie

bjacksy

Original Poster
Drache613":1xuvf0kx said:
Hello,

Are you referring to the baby food you are giving her, or some other medication?
If you did give her liquid calcium, it would be best to dose it for her weight & then you can
give it via syringe to her.
How is she doing today? Are you still planning on taking her to the vet on Thursday?
Keep us posted on her. I hope she starts feeling better. Just be sure she is getting enough
UVB exposure.

Tracie

I am referring to baby food, and we are taking her to the vet on Thursday. I think she is getting good uvb exposure. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom