beardy is suddenly very bloated looking

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi again....yes, she looks like she has anR.I. Her open mouth breathing and being puffy + bloated are both classic symptoms. I mentioned the Baytril in my other post, if you can't or don't want to take her to a vet that you don't have faith in for diagnosis you can buy liquid generic Baytril from beardeddragon.co.

humboldtglass

Original Poster
yes...ordered some baytril yesterday...i really hope it gets here wuick...this is going on 2 weeks now...is a res infection something they can be ok with for a little while...by the time the baytril gets here it will probly be another 4 days or so

humboldtglass

Original Poster
so im worried and was hoping to get her started on something while im waiting for baytril and my friend that works at the fish and reptile store recomended tylan 50....its an injectable but says hes given it orally....thoughts??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I guess it would be your call....I'm not sure if there would be any negative effect if you started one med. and then switched to another. Tylan is used for reptiles with a R.I., so if you have to decide if you trust your friend enough to give you the proper dosage, and then decide if you think it's O.K. to switch. Esther mentioned sending a p.m. to Drache613, so with your question about the 2 drugs it would be good to ask her....or just go with the Tylan if this guy is experienced with it's use. Try not to worry too much, if she's been healthy all her life she should get through this just fine. Be sure to keep her temps. around 80 at night , and get a probiotic like Benebac, Acidophiliz+ or soy yogurt to build up her good gut flora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom