Beardy didn’t eat

Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Hi, I went to feed my bearded dragon, Smaug, before and she wouldn’t eat? She’s about to go into shed, her tail, legs and mouth have all turned white so I’m wondering if that could be why? She is 7 months old and hasn’t shed in 4 months, so could her just about to start shedding be why she didn’t eat?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
From my (limited) experience, shedding is a difficult time for beardies. Remember, shedding can be a different experience for each beardie - some beardies eat more, some less but either way remember their behavior is going to change so please be patient.
My beardie is going through her second shed and she looks sad and her appetite increased. This is different from her first shed. She was very skiddish the first time and just nasty toward me (my feelings were hurt). At that time, she was also newer to me and going through a lot of changes. I don't know how long you have had her but the best advice I can give is to be patient (again) and pay close attention.

Remember, beardies don't have to eat every single day anyways but I advise keeping veggies and water close at all times. I hope this helps!

Smaugthebeardy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
From my (limited) experience, shedding is a difficult time for beardies. Remember, shedding can be a different experience for each beardie - some beardies eat more, some less but either way remember their behavior is going to change so please be patient.
My beardie is going through her second shed and she looks sad and her appetite increased. This is different from her first shed. She was very skiddish the first time and just nasty toward me (my feelings were hurt). At that time, she was also newer to me and going through a lot of changes. I don't know how long you have had her but the best advice I can give is to be patient (again) and pay close attention.

Remember, beardies don't have to eat every single day anyways but I advise keeping veggies and water close at all times. I hope this helps!
Thank you, this did help, I got her at 5 weeks ( she’s 7 months now) she is very grumpy at the moment as well, ( I feel hurt as well haha) she is still eating less than she usually does, she’s a chunk usually eats a lot, but I do just need to be patient like you said, thanks for the advice hope your beardy goes well shedding!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Rocky is shedding AGAIN- I've posted this picture other places but I will post it here- see her tail. As you see, she is letting me hold her and she is calm. This is a long way from where we began and we only have been together for a little over a month. Please know that two days ago, she told me (yes told me in her own way) that she didn't want to get out and I respected that but look at this day (which was yesterday). You've got this.
Rocky hates to shed and rubs it until it's all gone. It usually is a quick process but this tail....we are going into day 2. I also have Shed ease so if necessary, I can let her soak but I will let nature do it's thing. I usually hold her under her legs but I wanted to be careful with her.
As you can see from her front legs, she basically told me what to do. I was just there!

Attachments

• 20220712_162152.jpg
    20220712_162152.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 71

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Rocky is shedding AGAIN- I've posted this picture other places but I will post it here- see her tail. As you see, she is letting me hold her and she is calm. This is a long way from where we began and we only have been together for a little over a month. Please know that two days ago, she told me (yes told me in her own way) that she didn't want to get out and I respected that but look at this day (which was yesterday). You've got this.
Rocky hates to shed and rubs it until it's all gone. It usually is a quick process but this tail....we are going into day 2. I also have Shed ease so if necessary, I can let her soak but I will let nature do it's thing. I usually hold her under her legs but I wanted to be careful with her.
As you can see from her front legs, she basically told me what to do. I was just there!
It's not uncommon for them to not eat while shedding- shed ease doesn't really work- just spray her in the tank to ease the itch- when it becomes dry and crackly take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush the loose stuff will come off

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom