Beardy bobbing her head and defending against nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

another beardy

Hi everyone! We've head our beardy for a year and she's healthy and normal, except for rare but strange occurrences when she defends herself against practically nothing/air/invisible enemies? Sometimes in the evening, when everything is calm and quiet, she is resting and then suddenly lifts her head and runs/jumps out of her house and sprints to the middle of the room, blackens her head and starts aggressively bog her head into nothing. She even seems to observe the ''thing'' moving around the room. Last evening after it happened she even hid behind her house in the dark and hasnt come out as if it scared her. Its a bit freaky. Anyone with similar experience? I might add there are no sudden changes in sound or movement when this happens and the room is lit. Thanks for answers, tell me the room is not possessed pls :S :S

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
She’s seeing something? That’s making her defensive but normally there’s two reasons dominance related or mating related. Here’s an interesting bit of information from a reputable herp site but of course it’s not the only reasons just based observations.

“One common misconception amongst new bearded dragon owners is that when their bearded dragon is head bobbing, it has to be directed at something. In fact, nothing could be further from the truth!

Think of it this way, your bearded dragon isn’t necessarily heading bobbing at something, so much as they are head bobbing because of a feeling they have.”

another beardy

Original Poster
Thanks. I often notice head bobbing in her enclosure and i can see it’s due to a feeling, not directed into anything. But if the lizard runs with extreme speed to a certain spot in the middle of the room and directs the head and body into a certain direction, it just seems different.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Yeah I’m not sure about that! 🤷🏼 I know my cats you used to play with what we called spirits in our old house. But I don’t want people to think I’m a Luney Tune so I won’t go into to much detail lol 😂. Do you have any other animals in the house or some kind of a figurine or anything up on a shelf she can see maybe a ceiling fan my cat is scared to death if we have the fan going? These little guys are very perceptive and see and sense things that we can’t?

another beardy

Original Poster
Yeah I’m not sure about that! 🤷🏼 I know my cats you used to play with what we called spirits in our old house. But I don’t want people to think I’m a Luney Tune so I won’t go into to much detail lol 😂. Do you have any other animals in the house or some kind of a figurine or anything up on a shelf she can see maybe a ceiling fan my cat is scared to death if we have the fan going? These little guys are very perceptive and see and sense things that we can’t?
No, theres nothing 🤣 no fan, no other pets... this is in my room, where her big enclosure is. It usually happens in the evenings when im in the room and watching shows on my laptop (on earphones and not facing the the screen so she doesn't see or hear anything). There are literally no changes in sound/movement or anything else in the room. She even scares me cause she runs and jumps out to the middle of the room so fast, she turns over wood and stones in her enclosure...and then the invisible battle begins. Yesterday after it finished she went behind the enclosure to hide in the dark. So...spirits or hallucinationsidk 😳

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Yep that’s what I would chalk it up to lol 😝. Funny little guy’s aren’t they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom