Beardie's scale coming off

doommig

Original Poster
So I noticed today that Ciri's scale looks like it's trying to come off. The area is on her beard. It looks like it's just one scale thats trying to come off and I don't think it's shedding cause she's not. I'll post a pic to show you guys but you won't be able to see the actual scale that's trying to come off cause it's so subtle about doing it. Should I be worried???
Scale location: upper left part of her beard.

Attachments

• PXL_20220707_225009798.jpg
    PXL_20220707_225009798.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 111

clyde612

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
So I noticed today that Ciri's scale looks like it's trying to come off. The area is on her beard. It looks like it's just one scale thats trying to come off and I don't think it's shedding cause she's not. I'll post a pic to show you guys but you won't be able to see the actual scale that's trying to come off cause it's so subtle about doing it. Should I be worried???
Would you be able to circle the area that you’re talking about and/or zoom in the photo?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It's shed

doommig

Original Poster
Would you be able to circle the area that you’re talking about and/or zoom in the photo?
Like I said it might be hard to see but it's about right here. Whenever I rub down her beard I can feel the scale and see it dangle a little.
It's shed
Is that possible when the rest of her body looks normal, like not shedding?

Attachments

• PXL_20220707_225009798~2.jpg
    PXL_20220707_225009798~2.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 72

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Like I said it might be hard to see but it's about right here. Whenever I rub down her beard I can feel the scale and see it dangle a little.

Is that possible when the rest of her body looks normal, like not shedding?
Dragons shed in different spots and different times- which is normal - they turn different colors-

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
they turn different colors
exactly what sir henry does. at first his scales look shiny, like he's been oiled, then they turn waxy and almost white, after that they go nearly back to his normal color before coming off.

here's going from waxy back to normal with a heavy dose of get that camera out of my face!
292245821_572928574217480_7424620792357262910_n.jpg

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
Ok thank you guys didn't know if it was something I should worry about as this is the first time I'm seeing this.
no problem! freaked me out in the beginning, especially with small spots like that. the older he gets, the more patchy the shed gets instead of full body like when he was little. i edited and added a pic to my previous post in case you missed it while i was adding the picture.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom