Beardies Poop

goosegoose

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Goose
Hi, so this is my first time owning a beardie and I'm still a bit confused as to what regular beardie poop is normally supposed to look like, so i just needed some help on making sure his loads are normal and healthy. This was from today, he's 3 months old right now and I've had him for about a month.

Attachments

• 17C1FFBB-CFA2-45FC-AFB3-F884F240568D.jpeg
    17C1FFBB-CFA2-45FC-AFB3-F884F240568D.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 2CE54A75-F66B-4332-A52D-9B3E0EF29DF9.jpeg
    2CE54A75-F66B-4332-A52D-9B3E0EF29DF9.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 75
  • B4004E5E-7DC4-43B0-877B-664F07267A11.jpeg
    B4004E5E-7DC4-43B0-877B-664F07267A11.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 74
  • FC282EA1-DE41-4FB6-8F1D-CF4BBBA37FD5.jpeg
    FC282EA1-DE41-4FB6-8F1D-CF4BBBA37FD5.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 77

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi, so this is my first time owning a beardie and I'm still a bit confused as to what regular beardie poop is normally supposed to look like, so i just needed some help on making sure his loads are normal and healthy. This was from today, he's 3 months old right now and I've had him for about a month.
Ok I dont really see any white that would be pee - you want what the dark poop looks like now but you also want a formed white urate as well -- poop needs to be moist along w/ the urate --- please rinse his greens / salads first before serving --- he looks cute and I see some stress marks going there as well - please get him off the pellets - you dont want him eating them --- you can get some paper towels for now and look into getting him some textured NON adhesive shelf liner - either at Walmart or your local home improvement store -- you want something w/ texture for non slipping - clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 -- what are you using for a UVB ? coil or a long tube fixture?

goosegoose

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Goose
Ok I dont really see any white that would be pee - you want what the dark poop looks like now but you also want a formed white urate as well -- poop needs to be moist along w/ the urate --- please rinse his greens / salads first before serving --- he looks cute and I see some stress marks going there as well - please get him off the pellets - you dont want him eating them --- you can get some paper towels for now and look into getting him some textured NON adhesive shelf liner - either at Walmart or your local home improvement store -- you want something w/ texture for non slipping - clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 -- what are you using for a UVB ? coil or a long tube fixture?
His UVB is a coil and I keep on a black light heating lamp as well to help keep his tank warmer. What would help him produce more urate? I will make sure to switch his substrate right now too.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
His UVB is a coil and I keep on a black light heating lamp as well to help keep his tank warmer. What would help him produce more urate? I will make sure to switch his substrate right now too.
Keeping him hydrated buy feeding fresh salads rinsed before serving -- add some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com to the tops of his salads in front of him good lures to the salad bowl they are a good staple feeder so feed as many as you want along w/ his other main staple your feeding-- https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder Nutrition Content
you dont want him dehydrated he wont eat --- along w/ the coil UVB these are a health hazard to your dragon please replace w/ this
ZOO MED ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Reptile Terrarium Hood - Chewy.com this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb please get a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 for a tank that is 40+ gallon size - if your using a 20 gallon tank use the 5.0 bulb it comes w/ for now - I can help you get this placed for your tank --- the different bulbs require certain placement and distances -- your screen is going to determine this
Make sure your gut loading the insects - feed them at night so when feeding in the morning they are good and gut loaded and make sure they have water pellets / crystals etc -- hes going to get his main hydration from the salads -- thats why we want him eating some salad now
Please get rid of the black light heating lamp if its colored --- you dont want any colored bulbs in the tank -- it distorts the vision and disturbs their sleep --- if you need heat at night use a Ceramic Heat Emitter they produce heat and NO light -- if your tank is falling below 65 at nite then use it -- dragons like cool and dark it helps metabolize their system --- you can use stick ons for ambient heat but you want a digital probe thermometer for surface basking temps they are the most accurate

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom