beardies and mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
I saw a you tube video of a beardie seeing himself in the mirror he went crazy. He was charging and scratching at the mirror he seemed very stressed out to me. It seems like they think it is another beardie it was like there was another male beardie in front of him.

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
I recently tried the experiment with both of my beardies (not at the same time), but they both were oblivious to the other beardie in the mirror. However, they were both convinced that they have to be able to get to the other side of the room through this strange looking glass... Not bothered much by their reflection, but the new dimension of the room that they couldn't get to did freak them out a little!

mellu

Juvie Member
Lagu beards at himself in the mirror, Mika and Kira don't care but they also don't mind each other.

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
Not one of my beardies could care less about the mirror. Since they don't care photo ops with mirrors are fun. :mrgreen:

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
I just adopted a beardie this weekend and apparently she loved the mirror. Her previous owner said she woud spend hours checking herself out in it. I am going to have to get one for her enclsoure.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
The only reaction Sartharion has when I show him the mirror as some rapid eye dilation as he checks himself out, no bearding or head bobbing or hissing or anything like that :p

CiaraAlexisOnFire

Juvie Member
The first time I held Dude up to the mirror, he just tried to get closer and see what it was.
Then I think he figured out it was himself because he doesn't react anymore :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom