Beardie wont use back legs

Sunkissedrhea

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
Keep feeding the pumpkin-- it will make her go to the bathroom-- make sure the T 5 is approx 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor- is she able to get up on the decor to bask? And I am assuming the bulb is less than a year old correct? What have you been feeding for insects?
She wont use her back legs so she wont get up on her basking area ive been staying in the room with her putting her up there and she lets me know when she wants down and yes less than a year its not even a month old bulb she eats superworms occasionally but mostly crickets she eats a dry mix that shes been eating since she was not even a month old nothing has changed at all so i have no idea what got her backed up

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She wont use her back legs so she wont get up on her basking area ive been staying in the room with her putting her up there and she lets me know when she wants down and yes less than a year its not even a month old bulb she eats superworms occasionally but mostly crickets she eats a dry mix that shes been eating since she was not even a month old nothing has changed at all so i have no idea what got her backed up
the dry mix --- please start feeding fresh salads -- Nutrition Content
ignore the kale info its outdated --- ok so I would get a rolled up towel place under her basking area - get your UVB and your basking bulb together even if its in the middle of the tank so she can climb / pull herself up on it--- hopefully its just an impaction issue going on here and once shes gone to the bathroom she will get use of her legs again -- make sure your distance is what I posted please and get a basking temp w/ a digital probe thermometer on the towel -- 95-100

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you know what could have possibly impacted her? You are positive she doesn't have any
eggs?
As Karrie suggested, since she might be impacted, continue to feed canned pumpkin, along with
sugar free applesauce & a few drops of olive or coconut oil. You can also keep her a little warmer
overnight usually around 75-80 to help out her system.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Sunkissedrhea

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
Hello,

Do you know what could have possibly impacted her? You are positive she doesn't have any
eggs?
As Karrie suggested, since she might be impacted, continue to feed canned pumpkin, along with
sugar free applesauce & a few drops of olive or coconut oil. You can also keep her a little warmer
overnight usually around 75-80 to help out her system.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie
Im not sure but i have been trying everything to get her to have a bowel movement and she wont im having to force feed her the pumpkin and water because she still doesnt want to drink

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Im not sure but i have been trying everything to get her to have a bowel movement and she wont im having to force feed her the pumpkin and water because she still doesnt want to drink
And she hasnt pooped yet right? Keep feeding the pumpkin-- have you felt for eggs in the abdomen? She could be gravid like Tracie asked --No more pellets please --- fresh salads and live insects --- but for now ONLY the pumpkin till we can get her to go potty

Sunkissedrhea

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
And she hasnt pooped yet right? Keep feeding the pumpkin-- have you felt for eggs in the abdomen? She could be gravid like Tracie asked --No more pellets please --- fresh salads and live insects --- but for now ONLY the pumpkin till we can get her to go potty
No poop yet im feeding pumpkin now and she just took a hot bath every time i go to touch her stomach she bloats up and shes never had pellets its a zilla omnivore mix with calcium but like I said she doesnt wanna drink so ive been having to force that too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 66

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No poop yet im feeding pumpkin now and she just took a hot bath every time i go to touch her stomach she bloats up and shes never had pellets its a zilla omnivore mix with calcium but like I said she doesnt wanna drink so ive been having to force that too
Ok please no more omnivore mix --- she looks like she is gravid -- have you felt her stomach for eggs? I am leaning towards getting her in to a vet---- NO enemas!! If she poops before a vet visit take the fecal in w/ you but it must be w/ in 24 hrs---- here is a website to find a reptile vet in your area
www.arav.org type in a bigger cities zip code if your in a small town/ area

Sunkissedrhea

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
Ok please no more omnivore mix --- she looks like she is gravid -- have you felt her stomach for eggs? I am leaning towards getting her in to a vet---- NO enemas!! If she poops before a vet visit take the fecal in w/ you but it must be w/ in 24 hrs---- here is a website to find a reptile vet in your area
Okay and they can get her in tomorrow NO ONE in my state or my neighboring state will see her this weekend at all I was very disappointed when animal hospitals refused to see her until monday and ive tried to feel her stomach but she bloats it up and wont let me now she does have a bump on her spine near her tail

Sunkissedrhea

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
This is the bump its not that big but was concerning to me because I didnt know what it was but she has been going into corners of her tanks and nuzzling her face into her carpet she tries to sleep a lot during the day and is more awake at night which isn’t unusual for her since i work and am normally home at night but typically she sleeps under her log which she isnt even interested in

Attachments

• 52D29AD4-2BD6-4244-84B4-6B76B7DB8384.jpeg
    52D29AD4-2BD6-4244-84B4-6B76B7DB8384.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 73

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
This is the bump its not that big but was concerning to me because I didnt know what it was but she has been going into corners of her tanks and nuzzling her face into her carpet she tries to sleep a lot during the day and is more awake at night which isn’t unusual for her since i work and am normally home at night but typically she sleeps under her log which she isnt even interested in
We need Tracie to advise on the bump --
@Drache613

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She definitely is pretty big there. How long has the lump been present? Hopefully it is not a tumor
or growth of some type! It could be bone related, possibly not enough calcium or UVB exposure.
When is her appointment, today (Monday)?
If they do an x-ray, please post that here for us.
Has she attempted to dig or scratch at anything, as if she were trying to lay eggs? As suggested,
no enemas, they are just too risky. If possible, ask for an x-ray at least, & if you feel confident in
their ability, a blood test perhaps.

Let us know how things are going.
Tracie

Sunkissedrhea

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
Hello,

She definitely is pretty big there. How long has the lump been present? Hopefully it is not a tumor
or growth of some type! It could be bone related, possibly not enough calcium or UVB exposure.
When is her appointment, today (Monday)?
If they do an x-ray, please post that here for us.
Has she attempted to dig or scratch at anything, as if she were trying to lay eggs? As suggested,
no enemas, they are just too risky. If possible, ask for an x-ray at least, & if you feel confident in
their ability, a blood test perhaps.

Let us know how things are going.
Tracie
It appeared Friday night when i also noticed she was dragging her back legs and yes her appointment is today and shes not really digging but just nuzzling her face and body into the corners of her tank and im still trying everything to get her to use the bathroom ive still been doing the pumpkin and oil and hot baths but she just wont go

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It appeared Friday night when i also noticed she was dragging her back legs and yes her appointment is today and shes not really digging but just nuzzling her face and body into the corners of her tank and im still trying everything to get her to use the bathroom ive still been doing the pumpkin and oil and hot baths but she just wont go
I would have them do an X ray to see what is going on here --- NO enemas ----

Sunkissedrhea

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
I would have them do an X ray to see what is going on here --- NO enemas ----
Yeah the bad thing is I dont have a lot of money to work with right now so im hoping i can try to get something figured out

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom