Beardie wont use back legs

Sunkissedrhea

Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
My beardie is about 6 months I came home and she seemed fine until I noticed she was dragging her back legs i did touch them and she pulled them away so she does have feeling in them why wont she use them?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 154

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you review your tank setup for us, such as the type/brand of UVB?
Do you give calcium on a regular basis for her?
My thoughts are that she could have some calcium issues going on due to improper UVB
lighting, not enough calcium intake or an injury of some type. Is there any way that she
could have fallen & hurt herself some how?

Tracie

Sunkissedrhea

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
Hello,

Can you review your tank setup for us, such as the type/brand of UVB?
Do you give calcium on a regular basis for her?
My thoughts are that she could have some calcium issues going on due to improper UVB
lighting, not enough calcium intake or an injury of some type. Is there any way that she
could have fallen & hurt herself some how?

Tracie
She uses a non coil uvb calcium is put into a dry mix she gets regularly and put onto the live stuff she eats and no she doesnt look like she has an injury but she hasnt pooped in a couple of days and shes about to shed

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you find out which tube bulb brand you have & show where it is place in her tank?
She is not able to use her back legs, at all?
If she doesn't eat enough, she might not be getting adequate calcium intake by using a
powder. How is she doing today?

Tracie

Sunkissedrhea

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
Hello,

Can you find out which tube bulb brand you have & show where it is place in her tank?
She is not able to use her back legs, at all?
If she doesn't eat enough, she might not be getting adequate calcium intake by using a
powder. How is she doing today?

Tracie
The brand is zoo med and I can’t take a picture right now but its at the top of her tank and no shes not using her back legs but when i give her a bath she moves her tail and she eats plenty shes a chunky little thing she has a bump on her back near her tail and hasnt had a bowel movement since monday ive tried everything to get her to go but she wont im trying to get her into a vet but no one around me can see her until monday

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The brand is zoo med and I can’t take a picture right now but its at the top of her tank and no shes not using her back legs but when i give her a bath she moves her tail and she eats plenty shes a chunky little thing she has a bump on her back near her tail and hasnt had a bowel movement since monday ive tried everything to get her to go but she wont im trying to get her into a vet but no one around me can see her until monday
Please NO enemas -- she may be constipated --- that would cause no movement in the back legs ---first get her some baby food pumpkin add a drop of honey and a drop of olive oil in it --- feed till she poops - next we need the bulb your using and a pic of the screen ---- proper placement and distance will be determined by your screen

Sunkissedrhea

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
Please NO enemas -- she may be constipated --- that would cause no movement in the back legs ---first get her some baby food pumpkin add a drop of honey and a drop of olive oil in it --- feed till she poops - next we need the bulb your using and a pic of the screen ---- proper placement and distance will be determined by your screen
She wont eat or drink anything now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She wont eat or drink anything now
Ok please force feed the pumpkin in a syringe- add water to give consistency - feed her a ml or so a couple times a day- feed slow let her swallow what you put in you don't want her aspirating- what uvb are you using?

Sunkissedrhea

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
Ok please force feed the pumpkin in a syringe- add water to give consistency - feed her a ml or so a couple times a day- feed slow let her swallow what you put in you don't want her aspirating- what uvb are you using?
Okay shes also very very bloated ive tried to get her in everywhere ane NO ONE will see her until monday im very worried and she has a reptisun hood uvb

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okay shes also very very bloated ive tried to get her in everywhere ane NO ONE will see her until monday im very worried and she has a reptisun hood uvb
What bulb are you using? We need this to make sure it is properly placed please look on the bulb itself it will tell you T 8 or T 5 look on the bottom of the writing - how old is the UVB bulb?

Sunkissedrhea

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Khaleesi
Ok where in the tank on top of screen or inside- the screen plays a huge role in placement and distance--- show me your screen please
I have her in the bath right now my tank has a hood and then the middle is a screen since the the uvb hood is so long the screen is open i force fed her some pumpkin water and olive oil mix she did not like it but im trying anything to make her have a bowel movement

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have her in the bath right now my tank has a hood and then the middle is a screen since the the uvb hood is so long the screen is open i force fed her some pumpkin water and olive oil mix she did not like it but im trying anything to make her have a bowel movement
Keep feeding the pumpkin-- it will make her go to the bathroom-- make sure the T 5 is approx 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor- is she able to get up on the decor to bask? And I am assuming the bulb is less than a year old correct? What have you been feeding for insects?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom