Beardie won't eat

Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Hello! I have a new bearded dragon male, 1 year old, called smaug and has 305 grams, and I can't get him to eat his greens. His basking spot has 33°C, humidity equal to 32 %, I feed him meal worms once every 4 days, and he eats plants from my garden when I get him outside. I tried his old diet from the shop I got him, I tried feeders in it, I tried with bee pollen, and still just if I put it in it's mouth when he's gazing. His salad is made with romaine lettuce, carrot cut in long and thin pieces, bell pepper cut in cubes, and calcium+multivitamims+d3, and bee pollen

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
No lettuce try collards, kale, mustard and/or dandelion greens. You may wanna try spritzing the greens with apple juice. That worked for me or even changing the brands of bee pollen. I brought a new brand and he hasn’t really be eating it compared to the first brand I tried. You may also want to add fruit occasionally to the salad. Mines don’t like things that aren’t flavored and so I use strawberry banana calcium powder

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I agree with Rango. Also at 1 year old he should still be growing some and will need more protein. Mealworms are hard for them to digest, maybe try dubias, superworms, hornworms, silkworms, black soldier fly larva (bsfl if you see it abbreviated, also called calciworms). Don't over feed but feed him once daily untill he stops growing.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
I’d feed him mustard greens, collard greens, parsley, bell peppers, carrots, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, blackberries, raspberries, dandelion greens, Dubia roaches, super worms, hornworms. In my opinion, he should be fed a healthy salad every day and 5-7 appropriate-sized feeders every 3-4 days.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom