Beardie won’t eat crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.E.W.T

My beardie has lost interest in crickets… I was just told meal worms are too harsh, I am in Canada and dubia roaches are illegal live but come packaged… unfortunately she is not interested in dead insects! What is another good option for feeding her? She is eating hornworms, but I want to make sure those are an okay staple food.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie has lost interest in crickets… I was just told meal worms are too harsh, I am in Canada and dubia roaches are illegal live but come packaged… unfortunately she is not interested in dead insects! What is another good option for feeding her? She is eating hornworms, but I want to make sure those are an okay staple food.
try silk worms and BSFL

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
One thing you can try is the vacuum packed bugs. They're dead, but not dried out. I use tongs, and shake them in front of my boy's face, so it looks like they're moving. He doesn't like dead insects either, unless I feed them to him this way.

I order a lot from Josh's Frogs, but I don't know if they ship to Canada. They're located in Michigan. But they have a lot of selection on protein sources, and some good info too.

inky

try to feed solider fly larva or pupea(live) can be obtained at ecofly.com if that doesnt work then try feeding horn worms hope this helps:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom