Beardie will only eat mealworms!!!

Fae237

Beardie name(s)
Bug
I was given the wrong information from the pet store when I first got my beardie and she told me that meal worms and crickets are fine for my baby. He was eating crickets and sometimes I’d give him mealworms when he’d refuse the crickets. Now he won’t even touch a cricket but loves mealworms..I don’t want to be feeding him this much as I know for a baby it can cause problems but no matter how much I try he refuses the crickets and I have a fear of roaches..does anyone have any advice on what I can do?

He also refuses to hunt or eat out a bowl. I have to pick them up with my tweezers and give it to him that way..any advice on how I can get him to eat out a bowl?

jabda

Hatchling Member
Had the same problem: He's training you.
Put the feeders out... when he's hungry he'll eat.
Don't forget the veggies, if you don't start early you'll have
another problem.

Fae237

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bug
Had the same problem: He's training you.
Put the feeders out... when he's hungry he'll eat.
Don't forget the veggies, if you don't start early you'll have
another problem.
One thing I’ll never forget is the veggies haha, I’m a little afraid to leave the feeders out (the crickets) because I know that they can get stressed out when they are left in the enclosure after meal time

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
Try BSFL/nutri grub/phoenix worms. Put them on top of his salad so he can eat the veggies too. One thing I’ll warn you is that watch if any of the BSFL climb out of the salad bowl. Though they should be trying to burrow in the veggies. You’ll just have to be patient and try out new things with him. He should get hungry very fast as a baby and eat what’s available 😂 stubborn little creatures!

jabda

Hatchling Member
One thing I’ll never forget is the veggies haha, I’m a little afraid to leave the feeders out (the crickets) because I know that they can get stressed out when they are left in the enclosure after meal time
Think about switching over to Dubia roaches. Don't bite, stink, can leave in tank, and better feeder all around.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom