Beardie will only eat Greens

Baby_Magatron

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Maggie
Hey everyone,

I’m relatively new to having a beautiful little bearded friend so I hope this isn’t a stupid question! I can’t seem to find any help online anywhere, if it’s a bizarre one the next stop is a vet!!

So I’ve had baby Maggie since October 2021, at this point I was told she was around 9 months old meaning she will have been born around February 2021.

She has always been a really big eater to the point she jumps out of her viv and jumps on me when she knows eats feeding time (so adorable), anyway my apologies I digress, in the last week or so she has completely avoided locusts which were her favourite live food by far!! She ate a couple of Morioworms which I was told should only be used as a treat so to speak, but now she isn’t even touching those!! She is still eating all of her wild rocket though, she won’t touch any other greens and I get concerned trying her on new things as there are soooooo many contradicting things on what I can and can’t feed her, but they all say wild rocket is fine so I’ve stuck with it.

So yeah, basically my question is should I be as worried as I am? Is this a serious problem I need to get checked immediately? All I can think is she may be uncomfortable from shedding? (I’ve been misting her to help which sometimes she hates and sometimes loves)

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated as there is a very concerned beardie dad at the moment

Many thanks

🙂

sconley

Beardie name(s)
Lyra and Reginald
Thank you! I know I must sound so thick, I never got told the female beardies could produce infertile eggs, I did a hell of a lot of research and that never came up. Not that I would change Maggie for the world of course!
No no its ok! I got a female recently, been in the hobby years and yeah I had no clue either,
I wish you best of luck with her

Baby_Magatron

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Maggie
2BB91CEB-859E-481E-953B-2AA2EF89EEED.jpeg

Hey Gals and Guys,

So I went to the reptile shop near me that I go to the most (they’re all outrageously knowledgable and have owned, served and looked after all reptiles since very young ages), I showed a picture of Maggie and they did say she looks gravid!

In my hastiness to get the poor girl sorted I forgot to ask some questions about the dig box! Hopefully someone can help me on here as they are now closed!
1. The dig box does need to be in the viv doesn’t it?
2. If the above is yes, is it best under the UV or the heat lamp?
3. Currently she hasn’t really even looked at it, am I best to leave her to figure it out on her own or should I show her it’s there and place her in?
4. Am I annoying you all yet? 😂

Thank you all so much

D 😊

sconley

Beardie name(s)
Lyra and Reginald
View attachment 71469
Hey Gals and Guys,

So I went to the reptile shop near me that I go to the most (they’re all outrageously knowledgable and have owned, served and looked after all reptiles since very young ages), I showed a picture of Maggie and they did say she looks gravid!

In my hastiness to get the poor girl sorted I forgot to ask some questions about the dig box! Hopefully someone can help me on here as they are now closed!
3. Currently she hasn’t really even looked at it, am I best to leave her to figure it out on her own or should I show her it’s there and place her in?
4. Am I annoying you all yet? 😂

Thank you all so much

D 😊
Yes
Wherever you want to place it, I put mine near her food in the cold end
You could place her in it if you want, it won't do any harm, and will probably speed her introduction to it up a bit

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom