Beardie Water fountain recommendations?

Reggie1

Beardie name(s)
Reggie
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend like a water fountain that can simulate moving water? My beardie doesn’t like drinking water very much and hates bath time also… doesn’t touch still water. I also must him but he hates it so much hahaha

Any recommendations?

Cheers

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend like a water fountain that can simulate moving water? My beardie doesn’t like drinking water very much and hates bath time also… doesn’t touch still water. I also must him but he hates it so much hahaha

Any recommendations?

Cheers
Water fountains are not recommended in the tank -- too high of humidity risk - I think you can get like a bubbler to put in the water dish making the water move w/ air bubbles --

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A bubbler will raise humidity higher than just flowing water will. Many dragons won't drink from water bowls left in the enclosure. That's why a water bowl isn't on the list of recommended items for most enclosures.

Hydrate by dripping water gently onto the snout, letting them drink in the bath if you give baths, and/or misting the salad with water prior to giving it to your dragon.

-Brandon

Reggie1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reggie
Water fountains are not recommended in the tank -- too high of humidity risk - I think you can get like a bubbler to put in the water dish making the water move w/ air bubbles --
Ok Karrie!, really appreciate your response, do you have a link at all for anything I can buy regarding the bubbler thingo?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok Karrie!, really appreciate your response, do you have a link at all for anything I can buy regarding the bubbler thingo?
I don't but I am not sure you would want to do that after reading Brandon's post- I wasn't aware it would raise the humidity levels up by doing that-

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
The drop on the nose definitely works! The beardie will take in whatever is needed.
I was in a room without proper temps and that caused Rocky to drink (from a faucet)- we were out of town and I had to get him set up. I got so excited...I ordered a faucet to use outsode of the tank because I hadn't bought anything for Rocky in awhile. Long story short, Rocky looked at that thing like what? I found myself taking my finger to do the drip method- and because he is not thirsty (we are home now)- we are all set. The item has been returned.
Save your money LOL Hand, water- drip

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom