Beardie was constipated but need help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi.
I think she passed due to an infection due to my having to manually remove the hard bowel. She could not go for over an hour of trying. She had labored breathing and saliva. Every damn vet hospital I called before to try to get her some help or even help over the phone, would not help because I didn't have an account, some were not seeing new patience. I'm not very or have any medical training so I don't know for sure.
I lost Tarzan 2 yrs ago to some disease beardie get. I forgot what is called. So now both of my babies are gone. I just have Bodie who was a rescue last year. She was at a elementary school.
This really sucks! Thank you for the response and help. I really did appreciate it.
I may have other questions. I'm going over Bodie's enclosure to make sure everything is perfect.
Myles
Please do go over his husbandry--- anytime they are impacted please feed some plain canned pumpkin w/ a drop or two of olive oil - that will help them pass - you don't want a vet giving a enema they are a big risk for something going wrong

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your male doing today? We are all pulling for him, so please keep us updated on his
condition.

Tracie

MylesO

Original Poster
Hello,

How is your male doing today? We are all pulling for him, so please keep us updated on his
condition.

Tracie
Hi.
Bodie is a girl. She was a rescue. I thinks she is around 5 ro 6 yes old.
Changes and uphraded some things in her room I upgraded to the Arcadia pro T5 12 % light. It is on top of her screen. It's about 10 inches from her basking spot. Runs just over half the length of her terrarium. I added a hammock and size water bowl. Temp at baking spot is 95 to 98 degrees. I get different reading from the temp gun and the probe. Where is the best too dry up the probe for l accurate readings?
Bodies is doing good. She hasn't eaten much in the last couple of days. She's shedding do I've been misting her and I got her some shedding aid.
She's just been sitting on her hammock for the second day now.

Attachments

• IMG_20220730_183226421.jpg
    IMG_20220730_183226421.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20220730_180856849.jpg
    IMG_20220730_180856849.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20220730_180841013.jpg
    IMG_20220730_180841013.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 71

SPandS

Juvie Member
I notice you have her on wood chips, they are a huge impaction risk and I would highly suggest removing it.

If you are able to you should have the probe lay directly on the basking spot. It doesn't have to be there 24/7 but at least 10 minutes or so to get the proper reading.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Regarding the screen on the tank is it a fine mesh or a wide hole type? The uvb will need to be unobstructed if it's a fine mesh like a screen door - distance and placement will be determined by the screen

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great you did upgrade your UVB light to an Arcadia D3 12% T5 tube, they are very good
UVB lights. Be sure the light is directly overhead. As Karrie was asking, if the screen top if a real
fine mesh, you might want to try & mount it underneath of the screen, instead.
The temperature probe should be on or around the basking area where it tends to run the hottest
to get the most accurate reading. Are you using the temp gun in around the same area as the probe
is sitting? They may vary, between the two but you should be able to get an average temperature
between the two.
Is she doing pretty well right now & eating?

Tracie

MylesO

Original Poster
Hi.
Well Bodie is still the same. She barley eating bugs which is very alarming and worrying. She ALWAYS eats her bugs. She not eating her salad or fruit. She still soaks and takes her baths and she's drinking.
On another note, I'm going to upgrade her to a 120 gallon terrarium. I'm thinking the 1 they have at symtombsf.com. they're aluminum with PVC they're also black it looks like what do you think about that. I believe I read somewhere that White's better it helps with the lighting and they're absorption is that correct?
Myles

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hi.
Well Bodie is still the same. She barley eating bugs which is very alarming and worrying. She ALWAYS eats her bugs. She not eating her salad or fruit. She still soaks and takes her baths and she's drinking.
On another note, I'm going to upgrade her to a 120 gallon terrarium. I'm thinking the 1 they have at symtombsf.com. they're aluminum with PVC they're also black it looks like what do you think about that. I believe I read somewhere that White's better it helps with the lighting and they're absorption is that correct?
Myles
Did you get the UVB moved to inside the tank-- it should be directly above her 12-15 inches -- is she still having issues w / the pooping- you can always try feeding some plain canned pumpkin w/ a drop or two of olive oil that will help her go --- and its good shes drinking --- I would wait on the moving her to the bigger tank - and I would get rid of the wood chips as well when you do move her - please keep track of her weight - if shes losing it you may want to get a fecal for parasites and take it in for testing - NO enemas - are you feeding crickets ? Moving will cause more stress and we want to find out why shes not eating - they do go off their food sometimes when shedding so that could be a reason as well too -- as far as the color of the tanks I have not heard anything about that -- www.dubiaroaches.com has similar tanks as well - you can look there at theirs -

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom