Beardie vomited

Douglass18

Beardie name(s)
Rascal and Rex
Hi!
I took my beardie to the vet yesterday because of tail rot. They gave her Baytril and told me the start giving her 0.1ml in two days. She slept most of the day today and when she woke up I tried to offer her food and she wasn’t interested. She ended up vomiting, is this normal? What should I do? How do I help her?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi!
I took my beardie to the vet yesterday because of tail rot. They gave her Baytril and told me the start giving her 0.1ml in two days. She slept most of the day today and when she woke up I tried to offer her food and she wasn’t interested. She ended up vomiting, is this normal? What should I do? How do I help her?
Let's ask Tracie our vet tech
@Drache613

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of the tail, was there a true infection of the tail?
The dose of .1ml, could be too much but I need to know what the strength of the Baytril
solution is & your dragon's weight so I can double check the dose.
If she continues to be ill, I would call the vet immediately. How old is she?
Baytril is strong & if given when not justified, it can potentially make them ill. Do you have
a probiotic to give to her?

Tracie

Douglass18

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rascal and Rex
The new vet I went to gave her this, she has reacted well to this
7BECB687-4B84-4BFF-B8FC-A046EDAEBF84.jpeg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is the same agent, Enroflaxin is Baytril. Perhaps it is less strong. What is her dose?
Are you giving a probiotic right now?
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Tracie, the new vet gave you the same med. but it must be a different dose. Good thing you went to another vet.

Very important to post pics of the tail [ while it's dry ] because we've seen many degrees of tail rot here and many that are not actual tail rot.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let us know how your dragon is doing on the meds. We all hope she is feeling better now.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom