Beardie Toys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere bout a guy who put some kind of toy with a bell in his beardies enclosure. He said that the beardie really enjoyed the sound the bell made and would flick it up with her mouth.

Kaiba gets pretty restless sometimes, and I was wondering if anyone had heard of 'beardie toys', or had ideas for any... Or even opinions on whether it would be safe are welcome! One of my concerns would be that Kaiba would either try eat it and hurt his mouth or manage to eat it and damage his insides :shock:

Thank you! :blob8:

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
I am so happy that you asked this question! Rach and I were wondering the same thing this past weekend. :?: :?:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I heard the cat toy with a bell inside. We picked up one for Chimera a few months ago hes not intrested in it at all so we took it out of his viv.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
To be honest I would guess that the beardie ringing the bell was just trying to eat it.
Quite a few beardies have "magpie" tendancies around shiney objects like necklaces. Dex would often lick at my diamond ring.

If you want to stimulate your dragon I would try going a more natural approach.
Things to climb, new platforms, new textures (blankets, tiles, carpet etc).

Holly

rEdhEadgiRly

Original Poster
Ethelia":ec481 said:
If you want to stimulate your dragon I would try going a more natural approach.
Things to climb, new platforms, new textures (blankets, tiles, carpet etc).

Thank you Holly, I would agree going natural is a wiser approach.

Thank you to everyone who replied so far :blob5:

I recently got him a new piece of driftwood and changed his viv around a bit... Perhaps his 'restlessness' is just him exploring a bit!

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
I have a stuffed dog that is is half standing in Jada's tank. She is 8 months old and she absolutely loves that thing. She plays on it. She also has a brick and a rock in her tank also but I will find her playing on her dog.

Eventide

Hatchling Member
I don't really have any toys for my beardies (though hamster balls/wheels have crossed my mind), but the mention of bells reminded me of something. My friend's cat has a collar with a small bell on it so she can hear where the cat is and when he's coming/going. I thought of buying some ribbon and a couple tiny bells for the beardies to wear when they're out running around. I only let them out under close supervision, but we all know it only takes a few seconds for a beardie to escape to who knows where! Granted, this wouldn't help if they went and hid somewhere (i.e. stopped moving), but it would be amusing to hear the tinkling of little bells as the beardies run around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom