beardie toe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvally

107050-9828728060.jpg
Hi, another post.
I've been having some issues with this toe for a bit - a few months I think. The black part is a scab from an awkward shed. She doesn't move it, and it has no strength when pushing or walking. She doesn't really put any weight on it either. She has no issue walking and running though. If i squeeze it, she flinches and pulls her hand away and if the wrong scale is tweaked she'll flick her leg. If I feel the toe, it feels like there's a small gap between the foot and the toe and it feels a little loose? not like it's going to fall off and she doesn't push against my finger like she would with other toes. I have been using iodine just in case there's an infection due to the scab hence the yellow/orange tint. (awkward shed.) I'm unsure whether she has broken it, or if it's from a retained shed or something. She seems pretty happy, attentive and enjoys eating. I'm wondering whether it'll heal or it needs medical attention or something.

If you need the care it's a t5 arcadia 12% tube, basking spot is around 105 to 110 (she prefers it hot) and she's like a year and 8 or 9 months.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have a hammock that she could have caught her toe in, that might have injured it?
It does look a bit off & it sounds like it may bother her too if she can't really use it.
You have tried soaking it in warm water, or in a bath?
You can try putting some raw, unpasteurized honey on it in case there is infection there but
it doesn't look infected. Is it hard to the touch?

Tracie

Silvally

Original Poster
It doesn't feel any harder than her other toes, though it does seem a little fatter. If i press down and squeeze it a little, it just feels like a boney toe I guess. She does has a hammock so that is a possibility.

Silvally

Original Poster
It's a woven yellow one. I don't have a glass enclosure so ones with suckers are useless. Do you know other websites in the uk that sell those things? They look cool, but I'm scotland so I anything I order would probably cost an extra 20 pounds in shipping

Silvally

Original Poster
It's just one of those like wooden woven ones from a pet shop. I'll have a look into it, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom