Beardie Summer Homes: Because One Viv Just Isn't Enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
It's snowing :shock: Maya, where do you live?
I am hoping and praying that Budo is sound asleep in a cozy little nest somewhere.
My heart goes out to you dear.
Please Budo... come back home... you are missed something terrible! :(

keschete

Sub-Adult Member
Ohhhh, Maya, words can not even begin to say how sorry I am. You have to keep up hope though!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!!

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much for the kind words, everyone! The snow melted very quickly yesterday, but there was still a thin layer on the ground in the morning. Is there any possible chance he could have survived the night in the snow? I'm thinking not, but I'm still keeping my eyes out for him. Things around here are so different without him...

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Maya, don't you give up hope quite yet! I have heard miraculous stories about beardies surviving the snow and cold. Please keep looking!

keschete

Sub-Adult Member
herpfreak":1wjij40f said:
Thank you so much for the kind words, everyone! The snow melted very quickly yesterday, but there was still a thin layer on the ground in the morning. Is there any possible chance he could have survived the night in the snow? I'm thinking not, but I'm still keeping my eyes out for him. Things around here are so different without him...

I have read that beardies can survive 30's and 40's when they dig a burrow just inder the surface. Do not give up! Did you get my email? I was worried about you and if you just need to vent, please email me. Hugs, and know that we love you and we feel your pain!

Kaya

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
No luck yet. :( I am still searching whenever I can. I'll keep you guys posted.

Kaya, I did get your email, thank you so very much for the kind words. I'm sorry I didn't reply; my Yahoo account has been being difficult lately.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
have you tried looking for like burrows? or under the house/ deck? i know we thought we lost our kitten and it turns out he had some how squeezed under the house and my dad had to crawl under after him

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He can't get under the house, but I suppose the shed is a possibility... the only thing is that we have a family of really mean raccoons living under the shed. No small animal would last more than a few minutes under there. But other than that, the ground is pretty firm and not ideal for burrows.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Any signs of Budo yet?

If the freeloading raccoons had found him, I'm sure you would've heard something.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
have you looked in the shed? could he have squeezes through a hole? i hope you find him my family and i are praying for you and budos safe return

keschete

Sub-Adult Member
Maya,

We are still here for you! We are praying for Budo and sending out all our positive thoughts. Please know that you have friends here who love Budo almost as much as you!

I have a picture on my photobucket account....I hope it cheers you up! Hugs!
He is a great dragon!

DSC00685.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom