Beardie Summer Homes: Because One Viv Just Isn't Enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
After a long, hard week of basking, eating, and sleeping, you deserve a break! Get away from old routines and old vivs! Take a vacation to a Beardie Summer Home!

Start the day off by climbing a fun but non-hazardous pile of stones and wood to assert your dominance over the area!
DSC09317.jpg

Later in the afternoon, head down to the solar-heated spa for a relaxing soak.
DSC09322.jpg

Who knows! You may come across some tasty foliage!
DSC08828.jpg

Make sure to bask off those calories afterwards on one of our warm, comfortable basking stones!
DSC09325.jpg

If you're lucky, you may have a chance to observe the local wildlife!
DSC09281.jpg

DSC09299.jpg

Visit the Beardie Summer Home! Located at: 1234 Fence Area, Slave's Yard, Kingdom Budo.
DSC09318.jpg

DSC09315.jpg

Happy Wednesday, everyone! May the weather be warm in your yards, too. :D

Budo & Maya

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys. :D Yes, he has grown a TON in the past year! He's quite the pig.

I've actually been thinking about permanently keeping him outside in the summer... Taking him in at night of course (nights here are FREEZING, even in the summer). I don't trust this pen I made for permanent use, so I just ordered a 4x4' dog pen. I'll put chicken wire over the top to keep the hawks away. I'm pretty excited. I had him out all the time last year, but that was on a leash, and he really hated the leash. This year he's been LOVING his pen and has been completely relaxed (no stress marks, no bearding, unlike last year). He does get upset when I bring him inside, though. :p I think he'll really be happy in a permanent outdoor cage.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Maya! I'm lovin' Budo's summer home. :D He sure seems to enjoy his outdoor playpen.
Do you take in boarders? What are your rates? Do you have discounts for bd.org members, LOL? I have a couple of scaley's looking for a place to get away for a while. :wink: :lol:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Awesome Maya!

I'm definitely going to have hubby put something together like that for ours. Such a great idea!

And as always, I just love Budo's face.. It is just too darn cute :mrgreen:

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Aww, thanks everyone. :D

Budo still hasn't decided on rates... he's thinking maybe fifteen horn worms a weekend would be fair, but I think that's a bit much... :lol:

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Budo is gone. It was my fault; a few of the staples on the chicken wire were in wrong and came out. I was sitting at the window watching him as usual. I went to the kitchen to get something or other and got distracted for ten minutes or so. When I cam back Budo was gone. I didn't want to tell you guys until I was sure. I've spent the past three days scaling every inch of our yard and our neighbors' yards. Especially with nights here getting so cold and all the wild animals around here, I don't think there's any hope. After all this time, I can't believe I'm saying this. May you rest in peace, Budo. I love you so much!!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
OMG, I am so sorry to hear that!! Keep your head up and keep in good hopes! We will put you all in our prayers for a safe return. :(

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Oh Maya... I am so very sorry to hear that Budo got out of his pen :( I can only imagine how heartbroken you are right now. I know how much he means to you.
Please don't give up looking for him sweetie. There is always a slim chance he is hiding somewhere. Oh dear, I wish I were there to help you look. Is there any way he could have gotten under your house?
Maya... please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. You and Budo are in my thoughts and prayers.
Sending you (((BIG HUGS)))

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh dear! I sure wasn't expecting to read about Budo being missing :(
Is your yard fenced in? If so, he's probably just hiding out under something, taking cover from whatever prompted him to run off.

Maya, I hope you'll find him soon. I'll be praying for a safe and happy return.
{{{ hugs }}}

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:cry: :cry: Oh Maya! I'm so sorry to hear this....I know how much you love your boy.

I'm gonna think positive thoughts that you find him though. How cold has it gotten?
There are lots of beardies that have been found outdoors weeks after disappearing perpare yourself for the worse, but don't give up hope dear. :wink:

(((CYBER HUGS!)))

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you guys. Yes our yard is mostly fenced in, but the fence is really falling apart in many places, and he could have easily gotten out somewhere... I've been keeping an eye on our neighbors' yards too. Nights here are 40-50*, and people are starting to turn on their sprinklers in the evening, so he may have gotten wet... because of the temperatures alone I'm not hopeful, but there are also all sorts of animals around here; hawks, owls, raccoons, skunks, coyotes, etc. There's no way any of our cats would have touched him, but we have had ferals in the past that can be pretty nasty. I am continuing to search for him. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for the prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom