Beardie still lethargic for 3 months and 2 weeks

doommig

Original Poster
So like the title says she's still lethargic. I have to almost force her to eat, well she eats by her self, but I have to take her out of the cave and set things to her preference. She's eating much less now than before all this. Shes in her cave 24/7. She is about 8 months old. A big worry is she hasn't shed in like 3-4 months. On the up side her weight is stable at about 195 grams, I've been tracking her weight for the past 3 weeks. This abnormal behavior has been going on for about 3 months and 2 weeks. Since mother's day. Here is her setup.
T5 24 inch 10.0 reflector zoo med uvb tube -- 8 and a half inches closest to the light ( the very top of her cave.) 13 and a half inches from the basking spot to the uvb light running diagonal ( the uvb is on top of fine mesh) see photos for reference.
Basking spot is about 98- 100 degrees with the Ambient I think is 85 , but on the cave Is 90 degrees if she gets too hot on her basking spot.
Cool side sits at 77- 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
That's everything, hope I'm not forgetting anything. Here is a pic of her enclosure right now.

If Any one could tell me if this is normal behavior and what not thank you

P.s she doesn't like to poop much, I kinda have to give her a bath to poop now. I mean she never bask, even after she eats , so I guess it makes sense.

Attachments

• 16610416370692175012374189958640.jpg
    16610416370692175012374189958640.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 16610416777531089618385742170372.jpg
    16610416777531089618385742170372.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 16610417068171925279569925060217.jpg
    16610417068171925279569925060217.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 77
  • PXL_20220810_225753790.jpg
    PXL_20220810_225753790.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 87
  • PXL_20220807_180207770.jpg
    PXL_20220807_180207770.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 74

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So like the title says she's still lethargic. I have to almost force her to eat, well she eats by her self, but I have to take her out of the cave and set things to her preference. She's eating much less now than before all this. Shes in her cave 24/7. She is about 8 months old. A big worry is she hasn't shed in like 3-4 months. On the up side her weight is stable at about 195 grams, I've been tracking her weight for the past 3 weeks. This abnormal behavior has been going on for about 3 months and 2 weeks. Since mother's day. Here is her setup.
T5 24 inch 10.0 reflector zoo med uvb tube -- 8 and a half inches closest to the light ( the very top of her cave.) 13 and a half inches from the basking spot to the uvb light running diagonal ( the uvb is on top of fine mesh) see photos for reference.
Basking spot is about 98- 100 degrees with the Ambient I think is 85 , but on the cave Is 90 degrees if she gets too hot on her basking spot.
Cool side sits at 77- 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
That's everything, hope I'm not forgetting anything. Here is a pic of her enclosure right now.

If Any one could tell me if this is normal behavior and what not thank you

P.s she doesn't like to poop much, I kinda have to give her a bath to poop now. I mean she never bask, even after she eats , so I guess it makes sense.
I would unobstruct the UVB -- even tho the screen looks to be of a wide hole something is not right- needs to be able to get directly under the UVB a dont see a piece of decor directly under the UVB there for shes not getting any or not much of any --- please do this as soon as possible - distance for unobstructed 12-15 inches or w/ the screen 8-10 inches both directly under it

doommig

Original Poster
I would unobstruct the UVB -- even tho the screen looks to be of a wide hole something is not right- needs to be able to get directly under the UVB a dont see a piece of decor directly under the UVB there for shes not getting any or not much of any --- please do this as soon as possible - distance for unobstructed 12-15 inches or w/ the screen 8-10 inches both directly under it
Alright, can you tell me how you'd do it? Cause I don't know how to go about it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Alright, can you tell me how you'd do it? Cause I don't know how to go about it.
The steps w/ the platform does she sit on it? If so move it to the back of the tank directly under it distance 8-10 inches -- if she doesnt sit on it please go get a piece of decor or if she uses the rock piece move that under it but you need the correct distance - if you can take the screen off or cut it for it to be unobstructed distance 12-15 inches - you can also put it in the tank hang w/ these 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – long plastic zip ties-- fishing line -

doommig

Original Poster
The steps w/ the platform does she sit on it? If so move it to the back of the tank directly under it distance 8-10 inches -- if she doesnt sit on it please go get a piece of decor or if she uses the rock piece move that under it but you need the correct distance - if you can take the screen off or cut it for it to be unobstructed distance 12-15 inches - you can also put it in the tank hang w/ these 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – long plastic zip ties-- fishing line -
She doesn't sit on it, she is in her cave 24/7 . As for the rock piece, that sits about 10 inches from the uvb light, directly under it. But that near the top, the more you go down , the more distance it is from the uvb light. But like I said she's lethargic, and I don't want to cut the screen cause that's permanent. So I either left with unobstructed uvb light and on top of fine mesh uvb light. What's your take?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She doesn't sit on it, she is in her cave 24/7 . As for the rock piece, that sits about 10 inches from the uvb light, directly under it. But that near the top, the more you go down , the more distance it is from the uvb light. But like I said she's lethargic, and I don't want to cut the screen cause that's permanent. So I either left with unobstructed uvb light and on top of fine mesh uvb light. What's your take?
She's not basking at all is not good unless she's going into brumation - but first get a weight on her kitchen food scale weigh in grams- next get a fecal from her feed her some plain canned pumpkin add a little olive oil 2 drops- take it in to the vet for a parasite test- then we will go from there-- if the count is high this is a exhibit of the behavior your getting-

doommig

Original Poster
She's not basking at all is not good unless she's going into brumation - but first get a weight on her kitchen food scale weigh in grams- next get a fecal from her feed her some plain canned pumpkin add a little olive oil 2 drops- take it in to the vet for a parasite test- then we will go from there-- if the count is high this is a exhibit of the behavior your getting-
I already did a fecal test for her and the test came back positive, then they gave her some medicine for her via syringe and now the parasites are all gone, this was a month ago. As for her weight , it's stable , I've been weighing her for 3 weeks, she's at 195 grams.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I already did a fecal test for her and the test came back positive, then they gave her some medicine for her via syringe and now the parasites are all gone, this was a month ago. As for her weight , it's stable , I've been weighing her for 3 weeks, she's at 195 grams.
Ok then I would say she's trying to brumate - I think we need to get some more help on this see what others say -
@AHBD
@Drache613
@CooperDragon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I think I remember this from before, did I mention taking the hide out ? That's the first thing to do and make sure she has another climbing/basking option. If nothing helps you might opt for a blood test but that's a last resort.

doommig

Original Poster
I think I remember this from before, did I mention taking the hide out ? That's the first thing to do and make sure she has another climbing/basking option. If nothing helps you might opt for a blood test but that's a last resort.
Well I tried that already, Really I tried everything but a blood test, and nothing seem to change her behavior. So maybe I'll just opt for a blood test for her.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom