Beardie starting to hang on doors & scratching

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiggyDust

Hatchling Member
So my beardie, Ziggy, has begun hanging on the doors of their enclosure and scratching (pic attached). Ziggy has done this in the past for a minute or two, jusy now it’s becoming an all afternoon thing. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? I bring Ziggy out for a little bit to see if they are bored and I put them back on their basking platform when done. A few minute later they are back at the door trying to get out.

A little information.
Habitat is 36” x 18” x 18” (Ziggy is only 12” long), their permanent 8’ x 2’ x 2’ enclosure is almost done.
Hot side 95°F. Basking 105-112°F. Cold side 80°F.
Eating twice a day. Bowel movements normal.
Just got done shedding.

111468-2306807484.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they just go through energetic phases like this. It can be caused by seasonal changes or hormones in a lot of cases. Have you noticed any black bearding, beard flaring, or head bobbing? Those are also signs of high energy and hormone levels. If you have a safe area for Ziggy to get out and run around a bit, sometimes that helps them burn off steam. I usually see them wind up surfing the wall of the house at that point, but at least it's a bigger "enclosure" :lol:

ZiggyDust

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2jv3lw9o said:
Sometimes they just go through energetic phases like this. It can be caused by seasonal changes or hormones in a lot of cases. Have you noticed any black bearding, beard flaring, or head bobbing? Those are also signs of high energy and hormone levels. If you have a safe area for Ziggy to get out and run around a bit, sometimes that helps them burn off steam. I usually see them wind up surfing the wall of the house at that point, but at least it's a bigger "enclosure" :lol:

Ziggy has none of those behaviors you mentioned. I have had them for just over a month, so I’m sure they are just becoming more themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom