Beardie Spitting Out Waxworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradl00

Hi my beardie is 5-6 months old and I recently purchased a variety of feeders from dubiaroaches.com. There seem to be no problems with the superworms or the dubias that came as he will eat 30 of either if I let him:ROFLMAO: He also loves his waxworm treats. Except he spits out the ones from dubiaroaches.com. I can feed him 3 waxworms in a row from Petsmart and he gobbles them up then throw one in from online and he spits it out every time. The worms look fine and have no odd odor as far as I can tell. Anyone have a similar experience? Also he is about 130 grams and 14 inches long. Is this a normal size for his age and on track to be a healthy boy? Can attach a vid if yall want.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi my beardie is 5-6 months old and I recently purchased a variety of feeders from dubiaroaches.com. There seem to be no problems with the superworms or the dubias that came as he will eat 30 of either if I let him:ROFLMAO: He also loves his waxworm treats. Except he spits out the ones from dubiaroaches.com. I can feed him 3 waxworms in a row from Petsmart and he gobbles them up then throw one in from online and he spits it out every time. The worms look fine and have no odd odor as far as I can tell. Anyone have a similar experience? Also he is about 130 grams and 14 inches long. Is this a normal size for his age and on track to be a healthy boy? Can attach a vid if yall want.
My guess the waxworms have a different taste between the two different places and that would be more than likely what they are feeding them --
@CooperDragon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Since he's going after them then spitting it out, then it probably is taste related. It's not likely that there is anything wrong with them, but difference in their diet is a good guess as to why they might taste differently. Might just be a slight difference and personal preference on his part for one over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom