Beardie sleeping whole day for months

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is he falling asleep on top of the platform ? If so you could leave the uvb light on for an extra hour. Is he still getting outside sometimes ? How is his trembling ? I know this is all confusing for you but you're really trying your best.

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Forgot to mention, my area is having rainy season so it has been totally no sun for almost a week and not sure how long time more, so I can't rely on sun now.

He fell asleep in the hide (under bamboo or platform), what I did was I move him to the platform, I cover his eyes so he doesn't wake up. But I'm not sure can I leave him like this for how many hours. Is it max 1 hour?

He still trembles a bit and started to show weakness on his legs. It has been 7 days he taken the diluted calcium tablet and vet ask to stop now but he shows no progress of improvement. We're trying to get advice from vet pending reply.

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My husband reads a lot about MVB and the info received is it helps on treating MBD. You think we really can't try that? For the concern tank too low, we can lift the MVB with a stand to achieve the required distance.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Your house is generally too hot for using a MVB. That's one of the problems.

As for keeping the Reptisun tube uvb on longer than hour while he sleeps there's no study on this type of situation but I'm sure 1-2 hours would be fine. His situation is different than a normal healthy dragon but is not unheard of. It took him a while to get weak and it will take him a while to get stronger.

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi, may I know does this consider lightly dusted? Now he is having MBD should I remain dust this amount of calcium or add more?

Attachments

• IMG_20230307_075636.jpg
    IMG_20230307_075636.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 91

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi, it has been around 2.5 months my dragon head is still shaking.

We worried he didn't get the enough calcium from dusted dubia so we give the calcium powder to him by mixing in drinking water, and his head seems to stable a bit.

Then once we change back to dusted dubia his head starts to shaking again.

Can I get your advice opinion can I continue to give the calcium mixed in water? Will it be not good for him? Worried there's anything we miss out.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

We worried he didn't get the enough calcium from dusted dubia so we give the calcium powder to him by mixing in drinking water, and his head seems to stable a bit.

Can I get your advice opinion can I continue to give the calcium mixed in water? Will it be not good for him? Worried there's anything we miss out.
Are you still leaving the UVB on longer? Your UVB is what helps the dragon absorb the calcium your feeding -- are you only using the MVB or did you get a T 8? If so where is the fixture placed? Inside your tank or top of screen -- T8's need to be in the tank directly over the basking decor piece 6-8 inches - I am going to flag your post to Tracie she can help w/ the calcium questions
@Drache613

AHBD

BD.org Sicko

I would say yes if that stopped the shaking.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you using a liquid calcium, or all powder right now?
A liquid calcium might help out with absorption rates for him. Which UVB are you using now?
Be sure the UVB light distance is good for him, also.

Tracie

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Are you still leaving the UVB on longer? Your UVB is what helps the dragon absorb the calcium your feeding -- are you only using the MVB or did you get a T 8? If so where is the fixture placed? Inside your tank or top of screen -- T8's need to be in the tank directly over the basking decor piece 6-8 inches - I am going to flag your post to Tracie she can help w/ the calcium questions
@Drache613
Yes the tank setup is still the same

I would say yes if that stopped the shaking.
We temporary stop feeding calcium powder mix with water first bcoz we notice there are many calcium left in his mouth and seems cause him hard to bite, I think we need to try liquid calcium now

Hello,

Are you using a liquid calcium, or all powder right now?
A liquid calcium might help out with absorption rates for him. Which UVB are you using now?
Be sure the UVB light distance is good for him, also.

Tracie
Thanks Tracie, do you have any recommended liquid calcium brand? Will need to look for it

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Again so far only can find Exo Terra liquid calcium at my area, is this acceptable?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023_0516_130742.jpg
    Screenshot_2023_0516_130742.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 38

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom