Beardie shedding. Can i hold him?

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
My beardie has started shedding (again!) hes about 3 months old I believe and is starting to get more and more comfortable with me. My little gremlin of a beardie seems to still be okay with being held whilst shedding and I'm worried that if I don't hold him everyday that he'll start not liking being held and ill lose progress. Which I think is what happened last time. Ive had him for 5 weeks. Should I hold him or wait until he's done shedding? I miss holding him but ill stop if its best for him for the time being

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
You can absolutely hold him. Just be sure to let the shed do its thing and not try to help out by pulling it off. They can get cranky during a shed though, so don't be too surprised if he isn't too into it.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Agreed.
The temptation to pull the shed will be strong, resist don't do it lol

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
Agreed.
The temptation to pull the shed will be strong, resist don't do it lol
It's hard when is hanging on by a thread! but I would never do it as I know that it can harm them. It's like having the urge to peel a sunburn

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom