Beardie shed cycle.....Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andresm

Hello all,

I have a question about the growth of my beardie Rex. When I first purchased my beardie, he was finishing a shedding cycle.it has been about 2 weeks and I dont know what to expect or to look for in his next shedding cycle. Are there any particular behaviors that I should be on the look out for? Will he have noticible signs in his skin before he begins shedding? Are there any precautions or care tips that I should consider once he begins shedding?

Any assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Usually his color will become lighter, or he'll look grey or white. Usually they'll start to act like they're uncomfortable, scratching on things, eating less, laying around. Pretty much how you'd be acting if you were wearing a suit 2 sizes to small.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Baths will help most. When you notice that he's starting to shed if you give him a bath not only will it make him less itchy, but also the water will get under the dry skin and help it come off sooner. Also when they're in the bath you can rub the dry skin to loosen it up (just don't pick at it)

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Allot like to be rubbed with a soft bristle toothbrush. It's nice and soft and feels good on their itchy skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom