Beardie seizures

Kaya08

My mums beardie is 11, she has been perfectly healthy until now. She has started having seizures, completely arching her back and opening her mouth wide And flapping her arms. It’s a really scary thing to see :( we have noticed blood coming out of her mouth and she bites a towel for relief (we think) we aren’t sure whether the blood is from her gums or further into her body. Has anyone else seen this and what did it mean? Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My mums beardie is 11, she has been perfectly healthy until now. She has started having seizures, completely arching her back and opening her mouth wide And flapping her arms. It’s a really scary thing to see :( we have noticed blood coming out of her mouth and she bites a towel for relief (we think) we aren’t sure whether the blood is from her gums or further into her body. Has anyone else seen this and what did it mean? Thanks
What are you using for a uvb? Coil or tube fixture? Where in the tank is it and how old is the bulb?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh bless her. Yes, as Karrie requested, please let us know the type/brand of UVB lighting you are using
as well as the type of supplementation, too.
It sounds like her seizures caused her to possibly bite her tongue causing it to bleed. How is she doing
tonight, is she able to get some rest?

Tracie

Kaya08

Original Poster
Hello,

Oh bless her. Yes, as Karrie requested, please let us know the type/brand of UVB lighting you are using
as well as the type of supplementation, too.
It sounds like her seizures caused her to possibly bite her tongue causing it to bleed. How is she doing
tonight, is she able to get some rest?

Tracie
I will ask my mum for her lighting. That would make sense with the biting. Poor baby didn’t rest all night. It was very distressing for us all. She had calmed today and is resting.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, please let us know what the lighting is, it is extremely important.
Are you giving calcium for her? I would highly recommend trying to get a liquid calcium, if possible
to help get her levels up.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom