Beardie seems zoned out after relocating

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiggyDust

Hatchling Member
I relocated by bearded dragon, Ziggy (~5 months old) into their new/permanent habitat 2 days ago. Their new home is 8 feet by 2 feet by 2 feet. Overall they seem in good spirit and health. I have never seen Ziggy explore their habitat like this or be so active before so that’s good. They have multiple places to bask at different temps. They have no stress marks. The only thing that is concerning me is their behavior when eating in the morning. Not only is Ziggy eating way less (which I know can be normal when transferring habitats), Ziggy seems to almost zone out and shows no interest in the dubia roaches that I drop on the tile one at a time. He doesn’t even flinch. They do eat more at dinner but are still kind of zoned out.

Below are pics of Ziggy zoned out. Maybe I am just being overly paranoid about their health. Should I be worried or is this just normal and after some time they will be back to themselves once fully acclimated?

Habitat information
- 8x2x2 Zen Habitat Enclosure

-Air Temps are 94°F to 90°F on the left (warm side) and 90°F down to 78° on the right (cool side)

- Basking temps ranging from 113°F to 100°

- Two Reptisun T5 10.0 UVB lights covering 2/3 of enclosure

111468-5061205882.jpg
111468-3599415277.jpg
111468-8215029947.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I chimed in a bit on your other post, but based on the photos here, Ziggy looks nice and healthy. I think the hiding behavior may be coincidental and I wouldn't be too concerned about that on its own. Just keep track of weight and let them do their thing for now. The larger habitat looks great and I'm sure it will be a hit soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom