Beardie scale damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissarahi

110640-8760754815.jpg
110640-2750929236.jpg
110640-8760754815.jpg
My beardie has had this scale hanging for 2 days now and every time I touch it or run that area in her stomach she flinches. As I was trying to take the pictures she kept trying to “hide” her scale. Idk if this is normal or if I should contact a vet

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a very common occurrence. It should slough off naturally. If it seems to bother her
a little bit, you can use some aloe vera gel or antibiotic ointment to put on it for a few days.
I think she will be just fine.

Tracie

Lissarahi

Original Poster
Drache613":oo18obb1 said:
Hello,

That is a very common occurrence. It should slough off naturally. If it seems to bother her
a little bit, you can use some aloe vera gel or antibiotic ointment to put on it for a few days.
I think she will be just fine.

Tracie

Thank you! Yeah it’s been bothering her for a little bit this helps

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope it gets better, the loose scales can be stubborn so it should detach soon.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's not a problem at all and definitely doesn't need a vet visit. It may be slightly itchy, if anything, the flinching is just a reflex that is totally normal when touching a vulnerable area. Her belly is fine ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom