Beardie scale damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissarahi

110640-8760754815.jpg
110640-2750929236.jpg
110640-8760754815.jpg
My beardie has had this scale hanging for 2 days now and every time I touch it or run that area in her stomach she flinches. As I was trying to take the pictures she kept trying to “hide” her scale. Idk if this is normal or if I should contact a vet

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a very common occurrence. It should slough off naturally. If it seems to bother her
a little bit, you can use some aloe vera gel or antibiotic ointment to put on it for a few days.
I think she will be just fine.

Tracie

Lissarahi

Original Poster
Drache613":oo18obb1 said:
Hello,

That is a very common occurrence. It should slough off naturally. If it seems to bother her
a little bit, you can use some aloe vera gel or antibiotic ointment to put on it for a few days.
I think she will be just fine.

Tracie

Thank you! Yeah it’s been bothering her for a little bit this helps

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope it gets better, the loose scales can be stubborn so it should detach soon.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's not a problem at all and definitely doesn't need a vet visit. It may be slightly itchy, if anything, the flinching is just a reflex that is totally normal when touching a vulnerable area. Her belly is fine ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom