Beardie powder?

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
Hi there! so I own 2 bearded dragons. take care of 3. 2 of which we got on Saturday. they've been eating but the new female doesn't eat much and she's really small so I'm worried. I dust one of the feedings with calcium powder with d3 in it a day. But I was thinking of getting bee pollen powder as well to make them eat more salad and crickets (we're getting dubias soon) but are there any other powders I should get? and what brand of bee pollen is good?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You've only had her for 2 days at this point? Was she generally healthy before you got her? They will go through relocation stress, its not uncommon for them to not eat or not eat much during that time.

Is the female housed with another dragon or is she in her own enclosure?

-Brandon

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
You've only had her for 2 days at this point? Was she generally healthy before you got her? They will go through relocation stress, its not uncommon for them to not eat or not eat much during that time.

-Brandon
shes in her own enclosure :) they are in 20 gallons but we are getting new ones ASAP. I don't know too much about how healthy she was before as it seemed she was bigger in pictures. and yes we've had her for two days :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra

-Brandon
That was my first thought also.

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
To answer the question, assuming you have good UVB you can get some calcium without d3 as well and alternate. I would stick with more d3 for babies, maybe 5 times a week with and twice without, and as they get older and/or healthier, you can start flipping that. The other powder I would recommend besides the bee pollen would be a multivitamin. Personally I like Repcal Herptivite because it uses beta carotene instead of synthetic vitamin A supplement so no risk of vitamin A overdose. That can be given probably 2-3 times a week as well. For bee pollen, I ordered mine from Amazon. It's the BioDude brand one and my guy likes it, but you can also check health food stores or if you know any beekeepers locally.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
My beardie's a picky eater too; I have used natural bee pollen on my beardie's salad. I would just make sure there are no other ingredients and get the powder kind instead of granule so it's easier to mix with calcium powder. My beardie loves blueberries! When I first got her, she wouldn't eat fruits or veggies but I got her started by rolling blueberries around on the floor so she can chase them and eat them.

She has more interest in moving foods (like bugs) so when I started doing that with the blueberries in her salad bowl, she will accidentally eat other veggies too. I have fed veggies such as mustard greens, collard greens, and bell peppers. Each beardie has its own tastes so I would recommend trying out different kinds of fruits and veggies and different combinations.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom