BEARDIE POOPING WATER

Beardie name(s)
Max
my bearded dragon is pooping just water no poop just liquid or something and yellow stuff that i think is his pee what is happening i think he’s dying

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
my bearded dragon is pooping just water no poop just liquid or something and yellow stuff that i think is his pee what is happening i think he’s dying
Post a pic of the poop - why do you think hes dying ? How old is the dragon? Please give us more info on the tank and his husbandry surface basking temps and his UVB - surface basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer---

BeardieSmeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Max
Post a pic of the poop - why do you think hes dying ? How old is the dragon? Please give us more info on the tank and his husbandry surface basking temps and his UVB - surface basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer---
i will have to wait for him to poop again but i think he’s dying because he is very lethargic and not moving or eating he is 3 years old and he belongs to my sister and she dumped him on me but i’m a teen with no money for a vet i want to rehome him but i’m researching and i don’t know who will take a sick bearded dragon so he can go to the vet

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
i will have to wait for him to poop again but i think he’s dying because he is very lethargic and not moving or eating he is 3 years old and he belongs to my sister and she dumped him on me but i’m a teen with no money for a vet i want to rehome him but i’m researching and i don’t know who will take a sick bearded dragon so he can go to the vet
please go over the UVB your using and the surface basking temps-- you want a digital probe thermometer to get actual surface basking temps 95-100-- NO coils for a UVB-- when did he eat last? dragons will not eat w/out proper surface basking temps and correct UVB --- coils are bad so if your using a coil it needs to be replaced - please get some food into him -- what are you feeding? you can make up a slurry of collard greens / turnip greens w/ a little water and see if he will lick off the spoon or by syringe - but I would try and get some food in him --- you can try your local rescue places for placing him there -- I know those places are overwhelmed w/ animals --- why did your sister dump the dragon on you?

Last edited:

BeardieSmeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Max
please go over the UVB your using and the surface basking temps-- you want a digital probe thermometer to get actual surface basking temps 95-100-- NO coils for a UVB-- when did he eat last? dragons will not eat w/out proper surface basking temps and correct UVB --- coils are bad so if your using a coil it needs to be replaced - please get some food into him -- what are you feeding? you can make up a slurry of collard greens / turnip greens w/ a little water and see if he will lick off the spoon or by syringe - but I would try and get some food in him --- you can try your local rescue places for placing him there -- I know those places are overwhelmed w/ animals --- why did your sister dump the dragon on you?
i’m using a aiicioò uvb10.0 T5 24w tube light and his basking light is aqua culture 120v 60w in addition to a ceramic heater that is not red light because i don’t think it’s hot enough, the temp on his basking side is only gets to about 87 and his cool side is 78 i fed him a slurry of kale and strawberries that’s what i had available but he won’t lick it or anything and force feeding him without proper knowledge is scary i don’t want him to choke, there are no local rescues near me i live in a small area, she dumped him when she left home and got her own place she never took him with her and i’ve been trying to care for him with stuff she would provide which clearly wasn’t enough, i trusted she knew what she was doing, but he started to get sick and i wanted to take him to the vet to get help but i can’t afford it and she doesn’t care about him anymore so it’s now my problem to get him help

BeardieSmeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Max
here is his poop

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 61

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
i’m using a aiicioò uvb10.0 T5 24w tube light and his basking light is aqua culture 120v 60w in addition to a ceramic heater that is not red light because i don’t think it’s hot enough, the temp on his basking side is only gets to about 87 and his cool side is 78 i fed him a slurry of kale and strawberries that’s what i had available but he won’t lick it or anything and force feeding him without proper knowledge is scary i don’t want him to choke, there are no local rescues near me i live in a small area, she dumped him when she left home and got her own place she never took him with her and i’ve been trying to care for him with stuff she would provide which clearly wasn’t enough, i trusted she knew what she was doing, but he started to get sick and i wanted to take him to the vet to get help but i can’t afford it and she doesn’t care about him anymore so it’s now my problem to get him help
Ok so lets start w/ changing out the UVB bulb -- please get a Reptisun 10.0 T5 I am posting a link Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
I dont know the length of your fixture use the drop down arrow to get to correct size for the bulb you need --- do this asap -- these people are good and fast -- next how are you getting the 87 temp? if this is a stick or analog you want a digital probe thermometer Zoo Med Digital Thermometer
here is a video of feeding by syringe
Basking bulbs are trial and error try a 100 watt and see what you get for surface basking temps but you MUST have a digital probe thermometer to get that temp -I would order a 100 watt and 150 -- the dragon will not eat w/ out proper UVB and basking temps ---- the heat emitter is good for when dragons are sick or winter time when temps in the tank drop below 65 ambient -- if you need more help please ask I will help you

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
here is his poop
What is he actually eating ? there is no white urate --- he needs water --- please give him a bath and see if he will drink do not let him drink alot at one time --- watch him he will asperate if hes gulping it -- pull him up so he cant drink so fast and let him swallow what he takes in --- or you can drip water on his nose and see if he will start licking that way do this till he stops

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
87f is too low for a basking surface. He needs a way to get warmer so he can digest his food. Low temps can cause both lethargy and the poop issues.

In a 40g you need a heat source that is concentrated well enough to get his basking surface to 95-100f without overheating the entire enclosure. He needs the cool side to get down to at least low 80s to cool off.

What is his basking surface currently? Somthing like a dark piece of slate or tile will help hold a higher temperature in that area. Please confirm temperatures with a digital probe like Karrieree recommended to make sure your numbers are accurate.

I would start with a 75w in a 5.5in dome, and increase/ decrease wattage as necessary. You can move his basking spot higher as well but his body while basking needs to be at least 6in from the bulb to prevent burns.

Whatever food you get into him is not going to do much good if he can't digest it.

BeardieSmeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Max
What is he actually eating ? there is no white urate --- he needs water --- please give him a bath and see if he will drink do not let him drink alot at one time --- watch him he will asperate if hes gulping it -- pull him up so he cant drink so fast and let him swallow what he takes in --- or you can drip water on his nose and see if he will start licking that way do this till he stops
last week he was offered collard greens and dubai roaches every day he refused both over time he started losing weight i gave him a bath last night and held his head up the entire time because he is i think too weak to hold his head up he doesn’t drink or eat on his own unless i syringe feed it i will order the new uvb and basking lamp i have the digital thermometer it needs new batteries but i can find those

BeardieSmeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Max
87f is too low for a basking surface. He needs a way to get warmer so he can digest his food. Low temps can cause both lethargy and the poop issues.

In a 40g you need a heat source that is concentrated well enough to get his basking surface to 95-100f without overheating the entire enclosure. He needs the cool side to get down to at least low 80s to cool off.

What is his basking surface currently? Somthing like a dark piece of slate or tile will help hold a higher temperature in that area. Please confirm temperatures with a digital probe like Karrieree recommended to make sure your numbers are accurate.

I would start with a 75w in a 5.5in dome, and increase/ decrease wattage as necessary. You can move his basking spot higher as well but his body while basking needs to be at least 6in from the bulb to prevent burns.

Whatever food you get into him is not going to do much good if he can't digest it.
he has a rope hammock thing i don’t know my sister bought it and a tan rock thing at the floor also his other dark peice of slate broke in half so i will have to get a new one

BeardieSmeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Max
i just found
he has a rope hammock thing i don’t know my sister bought it and a tan rock thing at the floor also his other dark peice of slate broke in half so i will have to get a new one
just found good arcadia lights on petsmart doordash so i will order them and they will come tomorrow thank you guys so much for all the help i’m so grateful

BeardieSmeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Max
Ok so lets start w/ changing out the UVB bulb -- please get a Reptisun 10.0 T5 I am posting a link Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
I dont know the length of your fixture use the drop down arrow to get to correct size for the bulb you need --- do this asap -- these people are good and fast -- next how are you getting the 87 temp? if this is a stick or analog you want a digital probe thermometer Zoo Med Digital Thermometer
here is a video of feeding by syringe
Basking bulbs are trial and error try a 100 watt and see what you get for surface basking temps but you MUST have a digital probe thermometer to get that temp -I would order a 100 watt and 150 -- the dragon will not eat w/ out proper UVB and basking temps ---- the heat emitter is good for when dragons are sick or winter time when temps in the tank drop below 65 ambient -- if you need more help please ask I will help you
are any of these good

Attachments

• C5CC0D29-A590-44D6-BC1D-851847E64283.jpg
    C5CC0D29-A590-44D6-BC1D-851847E64283.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 1485C693-E0EC-4567-9291-0BBAF0F51CFB.jpg
    1485C693-E0EC-4567-9291-0BBAF0F51CFB.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 61
  • 9F8766C6-EF10-4716-B892-0E92F1F32E0F.jpg
    9F8766C6-EF10-4716-B892-0E92F1F32E0F.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 455CECE5-4E46-427D-BAE8-BD08C6B6F193.jpg
    455CECE5-4E46-427D-BAE8-BD08C6B6F193.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 43

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)

are any of these good
If you get the UVB from PetSmart get this one
24 watt 12% bulb Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
No tropical bulbs
you want a solid clear bright white basking bulb the Repti basking are good but I dont recommend them they tend to blow out fast so you can get this one I would start w/ a 100 watt
Exo Terra® Intense Basking Spot Light | reptile Bulbs & Lamps | PetSmart
the basking log is ok but hard to keep clean - if you want to get something that offers a gradient heat get some like this and I would put this under the basking lamp
Thrive Driftwood Reptile Decor | reptile Habitat Décor | PetSmart
I would stay away from slate they can get real hot

BeardieSmeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Max
If you get the UVB from PetSmart get this one
24 watt 12% bulb Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
No tropical bulbs
you want a solid clear bright white basking bulb the Repti basking are good but I dont recommend them they tend to blow out fast so you can get this one I would start w/ a 100 watt
Exo Terra® Intense Basking Spot Light | reptile Bulbs & Lamps | PetSmart
the basking log is ok but hard to keep clean - if you want to get something that offers a gradient heat get some like this and I would put this under the basking lamp
Thrive Driftwood Reptile Decor | reptile Habitat Décor | PetSmart
I would stay away from slate they can get real hot
okay thank you so much

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom