Beardie poop is like jelly?

emmybeth72

Beardie name(s)
Mazzie
Hello. My name is Melissa. I have been the primary care giver of my daughter's beardie Marley. He is 8 or 9 months old. I am concerned about his poops. For a few weeks now he has been pooping less. Less often and smaller amounts. He is also eating less. He has always been a picky eater. I have offered many different fruits, vegis, and live food. He started with crickets and then after a few months refused to eat them. So I switched to dubias and he ate those for 6 months. Now he won't eat those. I've tried many different worm with no luck. Last week he ate a few soldier fly larvae one day and then he refused them. He doesn't like any fruits. He is eating his greens. Collard, dandelions, kale, mustard. He gets misted and bathed. I drip water on his nose for him to drink. So my concern with his poop is that he always pooped every day, normal poop. Since he stopped eating live food his poop has been some white and the rest jello like? No dark poop. And it isn't very much. He is active and has the same lighte cycle, even though it is winter. Well, I have shortened it to 11 hours of light. I have done some research on line but I can't find any information on jelly like poop. I am wondering if he is half bermating? He doesn't seem sick and he doesn't seem to have any symptoms of a sick dragon? Any info would would be appreciated. Since my daughter doesn't have time for her beardie I am looking to rehome him but I don't want to give someone an unhealthy beardie.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Can you post a pic, gheir poops vary in appearance largely, it would be better if we can see.
Does he have stress marks on his stomach? Or is he black bearding?
They do tend to loose interest in the different feeders, maybe try some silkworms or hornworms, they will usually go for those when they refuse everything else.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
If you haven't already look for local rescues for reptiles. It would also be a good idea to have a fecal sample sent to a veterinarian. My experience with the non brown not urate jelly-like excretion was puss/infection from parasites. Crickets are a common vector for infection and so is unwashed vegetable matter or they could have been sick when you got them and it's finally catching up to them. Gut parasites slow down pooping and can cause lack of appetite and then that's even less poop.

Use that site to find a local qualified vet

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Sound like maybe his Coccidia levels may have got too high...
I would take in a fecal to rule parasites out.
& he might be slowing down to some extent for brumation.

I'd let them know that.
Make sure your weighing him so you can tell if he needs a fecal.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom