Beardie poop baked for 5 hrs 🤢🤢

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys long story short my Chubbs was a tad energetic this morning i took her out for 1-2 hrs then I left. I was out 4-5 hrs and I thought "i hope she doesn't poop" well she decided to leave me a present. It baked under the basking light now I cleaned her enclosure gave her a bath and i used a very gentle dab of hand soap. I rubbed it in and wiped everything repeatedly and disinfected it but the smell remains is there some sort of wipes I can buy? I didn't wanna use the hand soap but wanted to disinfect it and that's all I had besides hot water so i used hot water and a face cloth and a dab of soap

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys long story short my Chubbs was a tad energetic this morning i took her out for 1-2 hrs then I left. I was out 4-5 hrs and I thought "i hope she doesn't poop" well she decided to leave me a present. It baked under the basking light now I cleaned her enclosure gave her a bath and i used a very gentle dab of hand soap. I rubbed it in and wiped everything repeatedly and disinfected it but the smell remains is there some sort of wipes I can buy? I didn't wanna use the hand soap but wanted to disinfect it and that's all I had besides hot water so i used hot water and a face cloth and a dab of soap
Vinegar and water 50/50

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah vinegar should work well for this. I don't even bother diluting it anymore. I just pour it from a big jug into a spray bottle. Let that sit over the crusty poops for a while then it should eventually loosen up and be easier to clean. Then you can sanitize the area after it's been cleaned up.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah vinegar should work well for this. I don't even bother diluting it anymore. I just pour it from a big jug into a spray bottle. Let that sit over the crusty poops for a while then it should eventually loosen up and be easier to clean. Then you can sanitize the area after it's been cleaned up.
Picking up vinegar then lol what can i use after to disinfect it? Just so im prepared next time

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I like to use F10. You can get a little bottle of the super concentrate and mix it in a spray bottle with water. The concentrate lasts for quite a while. It helps to have a small plastic syringe to measure the amount and move it to the spray bottle. Rescue is also a good option for sanitizing if you can't get a hold of the F10.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom