Beardie only wants squash and no more greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizdragon

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone! So my girl Liz has had issues with constipation in the past. We recently started giving her pureed veggies such as squash because we heard it could help her go. It seems to work and she absolutely goes wild for it! She gets as excited to eat her pureed squash as she does worms. The only problem is that now she won't eat her greens. We usually gave her collards and she would eat them, though there were some days where she just wouldn't want them.

My question is, does the pureed squash have enough nutrients in it for her if she won't eat greens anymore? I should also mention that I prepare the squash by roasting it in the oven and then pureeing it in the food processor. I imagine it probably loses some nutrients that way. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My guy eats mostly squash and is healthy. It's his favorite food by far. Keep offering a variety, but if she prefers squash, that's OK. I usually don't cook the squash ahead of time, but just chop it into worm shapes like this:

76248-9983280538.jpg

I also try switching out the types of squash I offer depending on what is available. Keep trying some different greens and veges along with it. Try hand feeding to create some movement to try and gain interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom