beardie not wanting to eat!!!

Beardie name(s)
Blue
Ok, so my beardie won't eat much food. She is only eating occasionally and I'm worried for her. She only eats moving bugs and blueberries every once and a while. She also hasn't pooped in a while(from not eating). What do I do? I've tried bee pollen, moving the food around, I've even tried hand feeding. She is being super lazy and has been really tired. She stayed in her hide all day. She seems stressed and goes back in her cage after coming out.

Her uvb is good. It's a T5, reptisun, in a tube light, inside her cage.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
(Here is a picture of her as I write this)

Attachments

• 20221213_181810.jpg
    20221213_181810.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 20221213_181801.jpg
    20221213_181801.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 61

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok, so my beardie won't eat much food. She is only eating occasionally and I'm worried for her. She only eats moving bugs and blueberries every once and a while. She also hasn't pooped in a while(from not eating). What do I do? I've tried bee pollen, moving the food around, I've even tried hand feeding. She is being super lazy and has been really tired. She stayed in her hide all day. She seems stressed and goes back in her cage after coming out.

Her uvb is good. It's a T5, reptisun, in a tube light, inside her cage.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
(Here is a picture of her as I write this)
What distance do you have the uvb and is it directly above the basking decor? They do slow down in the winter on their eating-

Blue_the_beardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Blue
From the basking decor, probably 5-8 inches. From the ground maybe 1 foot and 3 inches. I though maybe it was brumation...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
From the basking decor, probably 5-8 inches. From the ground maybe 1 foot and 3 inches. I though maybe it was brumation...
The T 5 is way too close for 5 -8 inches -- you need distance in the tank 12-15 inches above the basking decor - how old is the UVB? They will slow down on eating in the winter but you must have everything good in the tank for her so we can rule these things out--- what are the surface basking temps and how are you taking them?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom