Beardie not walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleah

Hi, our daughters beardie is not using his legs. His legs move but he does use them to push himself up. Any advice? I’m making an appt with the vet but was hoping for some immediate feedback. He doesnt eat a ton, only a couple of crickets a day and maybe a super worm. But since he doesn’t walk, he also can’t get to the crickets unless they are out right in front of him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi, our daughters beardie is not using his legs. His legs move but he does use them to push himself up. Any advice? I’m making an appt with the vet but was hoping for some immediate feedback. He doesnt eat a ton, only a couple of crickets a day and maybe a super worm. But since he doesn’t walk, he also can’t get to the crickets unless they are out right in front of him.
How big are the insects your feeding? Post a pic of the insect by the dragons head- it sounds like he may be impacted-- insects should no be any bigger than the space between his eyes legnth wise

sleah

Original Poster
They are the smaller crickets that are the size or less of that space. His front legs don’t hold his weight either, he sort of spins his feet in the air, and doesnt put them to floor and push up….

sleah

Original Poster
image.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so let's go over the uvb what are you using ? NO coils!!! Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? You want surface temps NO stickons you need digital probe thermometers-- these things I am asking about are the most important things in the tank

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So sounds like we need to replace all of that then!
I can post links to what you need -- then you can check to see if the petstores in your area carry this-- do you have a pet suplies plus in your town? Most pet smarts / petcos do not carry what you need and it has to be ordered--
24" fixture Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb hang on to it for a back up distance and placement is different from the bulb you need 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
Please get this ordered ASAP along w/ 2 of these if your not using this
Please get this ASAP -- your dragon is developing MBD from what you described
Coil UVB are notorious for causing all kinds of health issues
Please let me know when you get the UVB in I will help you place it in the tank it will depend on your screen for placement

SPandS

Juvie Member
That poor baby looks like he has mbd. How long have you had him and how long have you noticed he can't use his limbs. I'm glad you are taking him to a vet, hopefully one with experience in bearded dragons. They may give you liquid calcium but without the proper uvb he won't be able to absorb it so definitely replace what you have with something better like the t5ho.

Also, does he have swollen joints? It looks like his ankles and wrist looks swollen to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom