Beardie not interested in food

Status
Not open for further replies.

natnat

So my 11 mo old beardie has been treated for salmonella with ceftaz injections. And he’s been off it for a week or so now and his poops are more solid but now he’s acting totally wild/running around and not eating. He’s about 19 inches and 375g and his weight has stayed fairly stable. I have to go away for a week unfortunately and leave him with a pet sitter who has roaches and silkworms to feed him but I’m just worried he’ll continue to not eat while I’m gone. I mean I’m hoping his crazy behavior/not eating is just a hormonal thing and he’ll get over it but- any suggestions on how to get him to eat? or if he’ll be ok if he decides he doesn’t want to eat much for a week?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The energetic behavior is typically a good sign (compared to lethargic) after meds. I would keep offering food, but it may not be a priority at the moment and that's OK. Just keep offering a salad and a bug meal every day or so and let him take what he wants. At 11 months he should be OK without eating for a while. Adults can go for several days without eating and it doesn't cause a problem. Unless you start to see a change in behavior (lethargic, hiding) or significant weight loss (more than 5-10%) I wouldn't worry about it much and just let him take food as he wants it. Sometimes they just go through phases like this and return to calmer behavior with increased appetite after a while.

Sexybacon

CooperDragon":145bokmn said:
The energetic behavior is typically a good sign (compared to lethargic) after meds. I would keep offering food, but it may not be a priority at the moment and that's OK. Just keep offering a salad and a bug meal every day or so and let him take what he wants. At 11 months he should be OK without eating for a while. Adults can go for several days without eating and it doesn't cause a problem. Unless you start to see a change in behavior (lethargic, hiding) or significant weight loss (more than 5-10%) I wouldn't worry about it much and just let him take food as he wants it. Sometimes they just go through phases like this and return to calmer behavior with increased appetite after a while.

Hi does anyone know about constant eyebuldging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom