Beardie not eating ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadeB2000

Hello! Had my beardie for 9 days. He was doing so well with me. But after I put him in a deeper bucket to clean his tank yesterday, he’s not being eating his meal worms which are usually his favourite! I even left some in his cage and he hasn’t touched them. Same thing this morning. He was very restless. Running away more than usual while trying to pick him up. Not sitting in his feeding bin like he usually does. Running up my arms instead of sitting in my hand. Could this behaviour just be stressed ? Will he calm down? How can I help him. His tail is also lighter than his body—I’ve heard this is a sign of shedding? Could this be contributing? Please help! Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could be stress, but my first guess is that he's restless due to an oncoming shed. Since you've identified the lighter color skin patches, I'll bet that's what has him fired up. Loss of interest in food is also common during sheds. Once he works through the shed, his appetite and normal behavior is likely to return. Shedding is pretty frequent when they are young, but will get less frequent and patchier (rather than full body at once) as he gets older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom