Beardie never poops in bath

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 5 y.o F dragon Neko will never poop in the bath like I see a lot of other dragons do. She poops in her cage and if I'm not there to immediately clean it up she runs through it and smears it all over her cage and herself. I've been doing everything I can to get her to poop in the bath. The temp of water is around 80-90 degrees. I'll rub her tummy and let her soak for 15-20 min but nothing, ever. She has never pooped in the bath. I tried watching YouTube videos of how to get your beardie to poop in the bath and they seem to just naturally do it. I don't understand why she won't! I bathed her and rubbed her tummy for 20 min yesterday and as soon as I put her back in the cage, she POOPED and got it all over herself. Please God help me lol.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's not a given, but it does work in quite a few cases. She may just not have as much reluctance to poop in her enclosure that some others have. It may be worth trying a different routine. Maybe take her out and put her under a portable basking light on an easy to clean surface like tile or linoleum floor at around the same time every day and keep her in the area until she goes (within reason). She may eventually catch on to the routine and learn to go there at around the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom