Beardie nervous?

catwu20

Beardie name(s)
Ginger
Hello all,

My 3 year old female beardie seems to get nervous whenever we look at her. Her eyes go huge and she twitches/straightens up. She's completely fine with being handled and moved around, but I suppose she doesn't enjoy it. How can I get her more comfortable with eye contact/our presence?

Also, when we take her out of the tank, she doesn't seem to enjoy herself or explore. She just stays still for a bit then turns around and tries to go back into her tank.

Any advice in getting her to enjoy time outside of the tank and bonding with us?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
You need to have her gain trust in you. When approaching in the tank, Approach at the side NOT at the top because of their third eye. You also need to watch out Aggression while approaching her. I Suggest that you take her out for maybe like 5 mins and go from there. You can also set her by a window so that way she can enjoy looking outside. there are many more suggestions but i am not listing them all

catwu20

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ginger
You need to have her gain trust in you. When approaching in the tank, Approach at the side NOT at the top because of their third eye. You also need to watch out Aggression while approaching her. I Suggest that you take her out for maybe like 5 mins and go from there. You can also set her by a window so that way she can enjoy looking outside. there are many more suggestions but i am not listing them all
Sounds good. After 5 mins, do I simply place her back in the tank? And I'm guessing I extend this amount of time little by little, until she's comfortable staying for an extended period of time?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom