Beardie nearly blind in one eye

Oreo

So, my beardie Oreo (about 4 years old, female, ~500 grams) seems to be nearly blind in one eye. Looking at it, I can tell it's a cataract, but there is no apparent cause, eye looks perfectly normal aside from a milky white spot on the lens. I can tell she can see out of the eye, but only very poorly. She has long seemed to prefer her other eye, but this was not noticable until fairly recently, and does not seem to be worsening. Her other eye is perfectly fine, can see very well.

Otherwise, her behavior is fairly normal, basks a lot, sleeps a lot, and loves to run around. Her health seems fine, only concern is that she has always eaten very little veggies (she will carefully pick non-veggies out of her food dish), though is fine with fruit, particularly blueberries.

So I'm looking for advice on to handle both issues. Note, I have tried nearly every trick under the sun for the greens, and none of the usual works.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So, my beardie Oreo (about 4 years old, female, ~500 grams) seems to be nearly blind in one eye. Looking at it, I can tell it's a cataract, but there is no apparent cause, eye looks perfectly normal aside from a milky white spot on the lens. I can tell she can see out of the eye, but only very poorly. She has long seemed to prefer her other eye, but this was not noticable until fairly recently, and does not seem to be worsening. Her other eye is perfectly fine, can see very well.

Otherwise, her behavior is fairly normal, basks a lot, sleeps a lot, and loves to run around. Her health seems fine, only concern is that she has always eaten very little veggies (she will carefully pick non-veggies out of her food dish), though is fine with fruit, particularly blueberries.

So I'm looking for advice on to handle both issues. Note, I have tried nearly every trick under the sun for the greens, and none of the usual works.
What are you using for a UVB? coil or tube? Are you using any colored bulbs? And what brand of basking bulb are you using? All these things I just asked contribute to eye issues

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom