Beardie Limp

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsickle18

Juvie Member
Hey all, my beardie Kenny seems to be extra clumsy tonight and appears to be favoring his left side. I had him down on the carpet in attempts to get him to walk and he continued to favor the left side but would keep on walking. Kenny is a rescue and is missing his 3 middle toes on each back foot. He already has mobility issues because of his lack of footing in the back, so he is already a bit clumsy, but not like this. I have no high things in his cage besides a log that he sleeps under and sits on. Sometimes he will slide off the log instead of climbing off. I am also unsure of his age due to being a rescue but I would estimate that he is only a few years old. Is there a chance he could have hurt himself in his tank? I am always very careful with him when handling so I highly doubt it was me. Please advise.

He is eating normally, pooping, no signs of blackness in his beard or belly....he looks and is acting normal besides his little limp.

Do beardies get stiff? I hope it's nothing...

Thanks everyone

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there......sorry that Kenny is having issues. Missing toes would'nt be the cause. Can you post a video of him walking ? He could be a little sore for some reason, but I'm wondering if there is a little swelling in that leg. Hopefully it's nothing serious ! Kenny's a good looking big boy. :)

popsickle18

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I looked for swelling last night and couldn't see any significant difference in any of his limbs. I wonder why my poor guy is sore! :( He is showing no signs of not using it though, still happily went to his bowl this morning for his salad.

https://sendvid.com/011is4xe

The side closest to us in the video is the one that he is favoring.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I really didn't notice anything unusual as I watched that. If there is a slight stiffness, maybe he just slept with it curled in an uncomfortable way or dropped off his basking area too quickly. But I think he's fine. :)

popsickle18

Juvie Member
Original Poster
His step is off if that makes sense? I just know its not his pace. I hope he feels better soon! He does tend to clumsily get off his log because he can't really grip with those back feet. Perhaps he pulled something weird when doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom