Beardie laid 20 eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBeard11

A few weeks ago, we adopted 2 beardies from a home that couldn't keep them anymore. A male and a female - 5 years old. They were both on the small side, skinny and not fed the right diet. They have been housed together since birth. Initially we kept them together, but he obviously tries to breed with her all the time, so we separated them. She began to dig at the bottom of her tank and stopped eating. We had a feeling she was pregnant. We followed all the online advice we could find and set up a lay box and an incubator. She went right to work, layed 20 eggs! We were so proud of her! We took them out and carefully placed them in hatch rite substrate in sandwich containers in the incubator. They were all healthy looking. A day later several of them have slight indentations. I tried increasing the humidity. I added a teaspoon of water to the substrate in each container, filled the channels directly in the incubator, and placed a bowl of water in the middle. I tried candling them and found blood vessels to be present. What is the correct humidity? Are the dimpled eggs a lost cause? We are VERY excited and want to do what's right. Thanks everyone!

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Are they brother and sister?! If so I'd freeze the eggs and not even try to hatch them. :|

Akeath

Gray-bearded Member
The correct humidity is 60-80%.
And I wouldn't give up on the dimpled eggs.
Don't give up on an egg until it starts smelling.

RedBeard11

Original Poster
They are NOT brother and sister.
I have managed to raise the humidity to about 67%. I hope that's good enough because I can't fit any more containers of water into the incubator. I won't give up on them. Has anyone ever had any dimpled eggs that ultimately hatched?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom