Beardie is 12 years old and laying eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jads

Original Poster
This is my first time using a forum, so apologies if this isn't the right place. I have yet to find any answer similar to this online. My bearded dragon is around 12/13 years old. We got her in 2013 when she was already an adult. She has laid eggs for years now, all infertile obviously, but for the past 4 months she has been laying about 5 eggs every couple of weeks. Is it normal for a 12-year-old, probably even older beardie, to be laying eggs? I keep reading that they were supposed to stop at around 4, but she has been laying them every so often for years. She just laid another pile of eggs. This whole period of time she's been eating, moving, and acting completely fine so I don't think anything is bothering her, I just find it odd since she is so old.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
So it is unusual for them to lay eggs at that age. If she is acting fine then I wouldn't be too worried but if she changes, then let us know and we can help. I do find it odd for a beardie still laying eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom