Beardie injury near his head

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
(I'm posting this for my brother so I don't have all the information)

What I know is that he's been on a couple medicines from the vet (not sure which ones) and there's a vet appointment for him on the 26th in hopes they can help more. The vets weren't sure what was wrong with him

Attachments

• IMG_20230517_152412.jpg
    IMG_20230517_152412.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 66

jabda

Hatchling Member
Put some raw honey on to stop infection until you go to vet. Appears to have either scraped or ran into something. But I'm no expert/

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
(I'm posting this for my brother so I don't have all the information)

What I know is that he's been on a couple medicines from the vet (not sure which ones) and there's a vet appointment for him on the 26th in hopes they can help more. The vets weren't sure what was wrong with him
Go w/ the raw unfiltered honey its going to promote healing and kill infection before it starts or after - we need to find the cause of this injury --- please post a pic of the tank and his lighting --- all of it -- pics will help -- I am going to flag post to two different people who can also help here--- also NO crickets in the tank they will go straight for the injury ----
@AHBD
@Drache613

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It looks kindda like a burn to me. Can he get close to basking bulb?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with the others, raw unpasteurized honey is the go to for wounds like that. The dragon either gouged it on a sharp object or if there's another beardie in the enclosure it may have bitten so they'd need to be separated. I don't think a vet can do any more if he's already been seen, just put the raw honey on it.

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
Go w/ the raw unfiltered honey its going to promote healing and kill infection before it starts or after - we need to find the cause of this injury --- please post a pic of the tank and his lighting --- all of it -- pics will help -- I am going to flag post to two different people who can also help here--- also NO crickets in the tank they will go straight for the injury ----
@AHBD
@Drache613
He said he's going to do the honey and he hasn't had crickets in there for a long time.

Attachments

• IMG_20230517_194314.jpg
    IMG_20230517_194314.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20230517_194312.jpg
    IMG_20230517_194312.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 41

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
I agree with the others, raw unpasteurized honey is the go to for wounds like that. The dragon either gouged it on a sharp object or if there's another beardie in the enclosure it may have bitten so they'd need to be separated. I don't think a vet can do any more if he's already been seen, just put the raw honey on it.
I informed him and he's gonna go put the honey on and there's no other beardies :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I informed him and he's gonna go put the honey on and there's no other beardies :)
Ok I see he needs 2 digital probe thermometers - I see stickons they are giving only ambient temps- he wants a surface basking temp- I am not sure what would of caused the injury unless it is the brick decor-- maybe going in and out of it underneath

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I think Karrie is right, he might have scraped his head on that pyramid cave by trying to go under or sticking his head through the small hole on the side.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom