Beardie inhaled water

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
Sorry if this is poorly written but I'm freaking out. I was giving my bearded dragon a bath just a few minutes ago when I noticed he was drinking water. I had just come back down from upstairs since I needed to grab something and went back upstairs quietly so I didn't disturb him to grab my phone since he hasn't been drinking or eating and I wanted to record it since he is my mother's lizard. When I came back down he had already stopped but then started acting weird when I touched his very full looking beard. He would whip away from me but then crawled on my hand to get out and started puking up water and bits of a dubia. I tried tipping him but nothing. He tried coughing a final time but nothing happened. Now his breathing is VERY loud and I can hear the water in him. But all he wants to do is be on my shoulder. I don't know what to do as I can't take him to a vet until about an hour. Sorry for long message as I said I'm panicking

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sorry if this is poorly written but I'm freaking out. I was giving my bearded dragon a bath just a few minutes ago when I noticed he was drinking water. I had just come back down from upstairs since I needed to grab something and went back upstairs quietly so I didn't disturb him to grab my phone since he hasn't been drinking or eating and I wanted to record it since he is my mother's lizard. When I came back down he had already stopped but then started acting weird when I touched his very full looking beard. He would whip away from me but then crawled on my hand to get out and started puking up water and bits of a dubia. I tried tipping him but nothing. He tried coughing a final time but nothing happened. Now his breathing is VERY loud and I can hear the water in him. But all he wants to do is be on my shoulder. I don't know what to do as I can't take him to a vet until about an hour. Sorry for long message as I said I'm panicking
Get him at a downward angle under his basking light -- the water will drain from his mouth -- keep an eye on him the next few days -- he has aspirated water -- I always watch my dragons in the bath and when they start drinking too fast I pull them up to let them drink what they have ingested - they need to drink slowly

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
Get him at a downward angle under his basking light -- the water will drain from his mouth -- keep an eye on him the next few days -- he has aspirated water -- I always watch my dragons in the bath and when they start drinking too fast I pull them up to let them drink what they have ingested - they need to drink slowly
Thank you so much. I have been told before that I shouldn't disturb them or they'll have issues but I'll remember this next time

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
I just finished doing that but nothing happened. Should I continue doing it?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great your dragon is doing better. This can happen quickly, they aspirate easily or drink
too much at one time & can choke. I'm glad he is back to normal.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom