Beardie Ingested Random Object!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylerman

Hatchling Member
Hello,

My bearded dragon ingested a small object about the size of a mealworm. I was letting her roam my room as I cleaned it. It didn't seem to be bigger than the gap between her eyes. She is approximately 14 or 15 inches long, full grown, about 3 and a half years old. Right as I went to grab the object, she swallowed it... I must have scared her when I went to grab it because when I tried to grab it, she bit my thumb (drew a decent amount of blood and a nice slice :( ) and swallowed the object. She didn't seem to struggle at all when she ate it. It went down smooth. I don't have any money to take her to get an x-ray or anything. Will she be okay??? Will it just pass right through?

Thank you!
~~Tyler

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Tyler, is there any way you can think of what it might have been ? Was it hard or soft ? Most small objects pass through without any problem, but no one can be sure. As long as it wasn't something very sharp [ which would probably have had a bad effect very quickly ] or something toxic then it may just come out in a few days or even a week or so. Be on the watch for any discomfort, black beard, lethargy, vomiting because you will then have a quick decision to make that would then be an emergency.

It's always good to do an inspection first any time you let her roam around.

Tylerman

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It seemed to be more on the harder side. It wasn't going down difficult, she seemed to swallow it with ease. From now on, the room will be clean when she roams. I'll keep an eye on her behavior.

I'll keep you updated.

Thank you,
~~Tyler

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
What shape was the object?
You don't know what it was?
If it was round it should pass...
But I agree if the dragon starts showing symptoms a vet visit might be a good idea.
Happy hunting....let us know what it was when it comes out ;)

Tylerman

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The object seemed to be straight. A little round maybe. But she's been active and basking fine since the incident. So I think she will be alright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom