Beardie having no appetite

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
So a few months ago my mother's beardie lost his appetite and wouldn't eat unless force fed due to him being sick. Even though his sickness cleared up he still won't eat. We've taken him to a vet and plan to take him to more since she wasn't sure what was wrong but today he finally ate and it was surprisingly a lemon. I was holding half of a lemon when he started to stare at it and knowing he wouldn't eat it I put it in front of him as a joke and he tried to go for it. I then tried a tiny tiny bit of lemon without the skin and he ate it after not eating anything on his own for months. Does anyone know why this is happening??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So a few months ago my mother's beardie lost his appetite and wouldn't eat unless force fed due to him being sick. Even though his sickness cleared up he still won't eat. We've taken him to a vet and plan to take him to more since she wasn't sure what was wrong but today he finally ate and it was surprisingly a lemon. I was holding half of a lemon when he started to stare at it and knowing he wouldn't eat it I put it in front of him as a joke and he tried to go for it. I then tried a tiny tiny bit of lemon without the skin and he ate it after not eating anything on his own for months. Does anyone know why this is happening??
No idea but they should not have citrus- are you tracking his weight? If not please weigh him on a kitchen food scale in grams- is he drinking water?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom